Pintrest

Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 14th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

Good morning! Well, I’m getting there. I breached the 20K mark yesterday. I’m still behind, but the margin is getting smaller. I am a little worried though, because next Friday starts a string of days where I won’t be able to write. If I have any hope of reaching the goal this time, I need to seriously start cranking out pages, nay, chapters.

A few months back, on my blog, I ran a survey asking what types of writing challenges y’all preferred. Your choices were: photo challenges, three word challenges, broad challenges, specific scenario challenges, and one other I cannot remember right now. I didn’t get a whole lot of responses, but the ones I did said you like the specific scenario challenges best. Of course, these are the hardest ones to come up with, and to be perfectly honest, I did hunt the web for some ideas, then tweaked them a little for you. Yesterday’s challenge came from a teacher. I wanted to give her, or at least her site, credit for the prompt in my blog today, but when I went back this morning to look for the information, I couldn’t find the site again. I feel bad because some of her prompts were really interesting and I thought you would have enjoyed them.

Okay, as fun as this is, I really must skedaddle if I have any hope of reaching my goal. I  hope you have a lovely day, and happy writing!

 

Your Last Challenge:

 

You are walking down an alley and you come to an unusual dead end. There are several recognizable portals in front of you – Alice’s Rabbit Hole, A Wardrobe, The Entrance to 221B Baker Street, Boo’s Door, Maxwell Smart’s Phone Booth, Dumbledore’s Spiral Staircase, (insert one I didn’t think of). You turn around to go back, but you find your way blocked. Your only option is to choose.

 

Since forward is my only option, I guess I have to choose. I walk over to the rabbit hole and peer down. It’s dark and dirty with rocks and roots protruding from the edges and creepy crawly things scurrying everywhere. Although Wonderland would be an amazing adventure, I think I’ll pass.



 I press my ear to the wardrobe’s door and close my eyes. I hear music and laughter and then Aslan’s roar and I smile, but I step back to survey my other options when I hear the unmistakable clash of swords.

 
 
 
 
 
If I choose the next door, I will be transported to London in the late 1800s. I will be given a chance to interact with one of the most brilliant, observant, reasonable minds of all time. Even though I am a respectable woman, I’m not sure I should be walking the streets of London with a serial killer on the loose.
 
 

 
I trace the pretty purple flower on the next door. If I go through, I could personally choke Randall, high-five Mike, and give Sully a hug, but other than that, it really doesn’t hold much appeal to me.

 
Only two options left; the world of spies and espionage or the world of magic and wonder. Both fascinating in their own ways, yet both with inherent dangers.








Which will I choose?

 

 
 

(Photos added after the ten minutes. FBers, if you want to see them, you’ll need to visit my actual blog.)

 




Your Next Challenge is:

 

You decide to take a photography class for fun. For your first assignment, your teacher tells you to go to the park and simply snap photos of anything that catches your eye, then bring the film back to class to be developed. When the pictures start to develop, your teacher teases you about how the assignment was supposed to be a variety of things in the park which caught your eye, not one subject. Having no idea what your teacher is talking about, you look at the pictures and notice, there is a man in every single scene, staring back at the camera.

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment