Pintrest

Saturday, October 5, 2013

October 5th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 
 

Happy Saturday morning! Sorry I didn’t get to my blog yesterday. I actually slept in a little, and that threw off my routine for the whole day. I didn’t even realize until this morning that I never posted a blog yesterday.

 
Today I was planning on heading down to the Collingswood Book Festival, but my husband reminded me we were cleaning out the garage today. If he’s on board to clean out the garage, I am NOT going to miss the opportunity! Our garage is tiny. So tiny, that if I were to pull my van in, I couldn’t open the doors to get out of the van. Obviously we cannot use the garage for what it was intended, so it is a catch all for just about everything. And the “everything” has gotten out of hand. My goal is to fill up our dumpster and to double the walkway we currently have.
 

The project will probably take us all day, so my hubby isn’t going to get to sleep until noon today. He’s not going to be too happy about that, but tough. If I let him sleep until noon, then he’ll want his coffee and he’ll start reading the paper, then more coffee. He might flip on the tv while he’s reading, then a college game will come on and he’ll get interested, and there go all my plans for a clean garage! Nope. Not happening. I’ll let him sleep until 9:30 and then we can get this show on the road!

 
I hope you have a wonderfully productive Saturday, and happy writing!

  

Your Last Challenge was:


 

“You’re crazy! I’m not going in there.” Kyle dug in his heels at the edge of the dock.

 
“Quit being such a wuss.” Jeremy teased. “We do it all the time.”

 
“No,” Kyle corrected. “We used to do it all the time. I haven’t been in that lake since…”

 
Jeremy laughed. “Are you kidding me? You seriously believe that stupid urban legend?”

 
“Say what you want. Think what you want. I don’t care. I’m not going in there.”

 
The conversation played over and over in Kyle’s mind as he stood on the shore, mesmerized by the red and blue flashing lights reflected off the water. Why didn’t I tell him what happened three years ago? Why didn’t I make him come back to the cabin with me? It doesn’t matter, it’s starting again. It would have gotten Jeremy, no matter what I did or said.

  

Your Next Challenge is:

 

You and your sibling(s) are out raking leaves…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment