Pintrest

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 


Good morning. The whole “feeling better” yesterday lasted about two hours and then I was back in bed. It was so strange. I would have sworn I was getting the flu, I had all the symptoms, but today, other than a little tired, I am pretty much fine. There is no such thing as a one day flu I’m sure.


I did force myself to stay up and watch Sleepy Hollow last night. I am SO addicted to the show. If you haven’t had a chance to see it, it’s on Monday nights at 9:00 pm on Fox, and it is amazing.


Ichabod Crane, an Oxford professor, abandons his “red coat” and becomes an officer in George Washington’s army. During a battle he receives a mortal wound, but lasts long enough to behead his attacker. Unbeknownst to him, his wife Katrina is a witch, and she puts a spell on him to keep him from dying. He awakens in modern day Sleepy Hollow, and with him awakes the “man” he beheaded. Ah, but it isn’t a man at all. The now Headless Horseman is Death, one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.  Ichabod and police “leftenant” (lieutenant) Abby Mills must work together to keep the gates of Hell from opening, and their only instructions as to how they can do that comes from the book of Revelations.


Although the individual episodes do stand on their own; if you can, you really should go back to the beginning and start watching. There is a lot of back story, and references in subsequent episodes won’t make much sense if you don’t know the whole story.


I’m very thankful Sleepy Hollow is getting such good reviews, because the track record for shows I enjoy has not been very good. If I love a show, it ends up getting cancelled or the writers change after the first couple of seasons and the show goes in the hopper.


As you can tell, I LOVE the show, and I will admit it is partly because I am smitten with Tom Mison who portrays Ichabod Crane. I’d like to hear what you have to say about it. Do you love it? Hate it? Haven’t seen it yet? Let me know.

 


I hope you have a wonderful day and happy writing!
 

Your Last Challenge was:

“Star Light, Star Bright, First Start I See Tonight…”

 
“Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight.” Close your eyes and make a wish. How many times did you do that as a child? Who among you will admit to still doing it now? I will, although now it is more a catalyst for sending up a prayer than actually thinking a star can grant a wish.

As a young child I would wish for things my mother said I couldn’t have, like a pony or a pool. As I got a little older the wishes would be for things like snow on Friday so I wouldn’t have to take my science test. When I reached the age where wishing on stars was no longer “cool”; that’s when the silent pleas would go up for the teasing to stop and for the acne to clear.

At some point, the wishes evolved from self-centered requests to prayers for others. Now, when I see the first star of the evening, I close my eyes and either pray for someone else in need or simply to give thanks for the blessings I have. That’s not to say the little girl in me wouldn’t still like the pony she never got…

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

You wake from a dream that was so real…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment