Pintrest

Sunday, October 13, 2013

October 13th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

Happy Sunday. I’m not sure if I will have time to finish this before I have to leave for church, but I’m going to give it a try. It has been a “shiny object” kind of morning. I was distracted by famous people’s birthdays and how to build a rain filtration barrel if you can believe it. LOL. Between that and reading some posts from friends, time got away from me.


My allergies were pretty terrible again this morning, so I broke down and took a Benadryl, otherwise there would have been no way I would have been able to sing today. I hope it doesn’t come back and bite me in the butt. Benadryl makes me so tired, but it is virtually impossible to sing while you’re drowning and coughing. I’m not fond of the glares from our choir director when I have one of my coughing fits.
 

I didn’t get as much accomplished yesterday as I had hoped. One of the things I wanted to do was finish prepping the garden so come spring, it would be ready to go. I was about half way done pulling weeds when I turned wrong and tweaked my back. In an attempt to avoid being laid up for days, I stopped right there. Thankfully this morning my back is fine. Crisis averted!
 

Well, I did run out of time, so the remainder of the blog (the challenges) will have to wait until I return from church. In the meantime, I hope you have a blessed day and happy writing!
 

Well, by the time I got back from church the Benadryl kicked in BIG time and I couldn’t even keep my eyes open, so I took a nap. Better late than never, right?

 
Your Last Challenge was:

It wasn’t easy. It took some time, quite a bit of effort, and even getting a little dirty, but I think I picked the perfect one…

 
Too big. Too small, Too fat, Too tall. The stem is crooked. The stem is missing. Eeww, this one looks like it has warts! I guess it would work if it was the look I was going for, but it’s not. Who would have thought finding the perfect pumpkin would be such a trail?
 

Thankfully this year produced a bumper crop, so there are tons to choose from; but then again, that has turned into a double edged sword. There are too many to pick from and I am being far pickier than in previous years. This year I don’t have to settle, so I trek on.
 

Then, I spot it. The perfect pumpkin. He’s fat, but not too fat, and round, with the perfect stem on top. He has no warts or flat spots or scars. I can already picture his smiling, glowing face adorning my front porch. I kneel down for a closer inspection. Yup, absolutely perfect. I hoist him up. Ugh, he’s heavy. He’ll make five or six pies for sure when he’s done being a decoration. I turn to head back to the barn to pay for my find and realize how far I traveled to find this perfect pumpkin and I begin to wonder if there wasn’t one closer that would have done just as well.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment