Pintrest

Friday, October 11, 2013

October 11th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 
 

What a cold and dreary end to the week! This time last week it was eighty-five degrees and sunny. I do realize that was unusual as well for October in the Northeast, but something a little more gradual would have been nice.
 

So, I am still awaiting the information I need to tie up the loose ends on Corporate Blues. I was able to get in contact with the FBI, however, with the government shutdown, the department who handles research requests for authors and film makers (yes, we actually have our own department) is operating on a skeleton crew.
 

In the meantime, I have a publisher in New York who is chomping at the bit to get his hands on the manuscript, but I won’t release it until it is finished. In the middle of one of the chapters it literally reads “{{{INSERT INFORMATION FROM THE FBI HERE.}}}”. Call me crazy, but I don’t want to give it to him looking like that, so my hands are tied until the government is up and running again. Needless to say, I’m starting to seriously doubt I will make my November release date.
 

I was so hoping to have Corporate Blues well on its way to the production stage before NaNoWriMo. Oh well, the best laid plans… This means, by the end of November, I am going to have three novels, in various stages of completion. I just hope I will be able to keep the feel of each of them true while I try to juggle. Each is so completely different, in time, concept, location and even speech, it may prove a bit of a challenge.
 

I have pretty much decided I am going to go with the Faerie Tale for the NaNoWriMo project. The general concept of the book is a young author/illustrator is required to spend a year in Ireland to fulfill the terms of her grandfather’s Will. The books she writes are a children’s series based on the stories her grandfather told her, when she was a child, of a magical faerie realm. When she gets to Ireland and some unexplainable things start to happen, she begins to wonder if her grandfather’s stories where more than just bedtime tales.

 

What do you think of me using “Faerie Tales” as a title? Do you have other suggestions for me? I would love to hear what you have to offer.

 

I hope you have a fantastic day and happy writing!

 
Your Last Challenge was:

 




 

My heart beat in tandem with the echoed click of my heels on the marble floor. Although it happened innocently enough, I knew if I were caught, there would be grave consequences to pay. How I was separated from the tour group, I do not know, but in my effort to find them I became hopelessly turned around in the labyrinth of endless hallways.

I knew I was in a forbidden area of the castle, but for the life of me, I did not know which direction I should choose to remedy the situation. The windows were too high for me to peek outside and attempt to get my bearings. The urge to hurry nearly overwhelmed me, for although my sense of direction had abandoned me, my sense of time remained acute. I knew it would be getting dark soon and there was not electricity in this part of the castle.

I figured if I could locate a set of stairs, I would stand a better chance of finding someone who could lead me to safety. Each path I chose led to a T, forcing me to pick a direction. At first I chose willy-nilly. However, after passing the same painting at least three times, I decided a more methodical approach was in order.

I had decided to always choose the option to the left. Worst case scenario, I would end up back where I started, or so I hoped. The left theory ultimately landed me at a dead end and I needed to back track, wasting precious daylight.

Oops, ran out of time as usual.


Your Next Challenge is:

 
The pain was blinding…


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment