Pintrest

Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

Yup, it’s Monday. I’m thankful I felt well enough last night to attend my father-in-law’s birthday celebration. We had almost everyone there for dinner. It was a little strange not having my daughter there; this was the first family event she wasn’t able to attend because she’s at college. I know this will be happening a lot now, but the first time is always weird – at least it is for me.

Hit a milestone this morning. I now have 200 followers on Twitter – imagine that – and I have followed back all except one. I don’t just automatically follow someone because they are following me. I actually go on to their page, determine the best I can that they are not an axe murderer or something, and then I will follow them. This one person’s page is written in a language I do not recognize, and I even tried plugging in their blurb into some translation software, but it is difficult to have something translated into English when you are merely guessing as to which language you are starting out in – my first two attempts did not work, so I gave up. Hey, I tried…

I will not be doing any writing today, well except for this blog. Today I am going to focus on getting the house in order and doing the grocery shopping. Then with that and some laundry done, I can write guilt free for a few days. Okay, it’s almost 10:30, so if I plan on getting anything accomplished today, I best get moving. I hope you have a wonderful day and happy writing!

 
Your Last Challenge was:
 

Your best friend is retiring and you are asked to give a speech at the retirement party.
 

I’ve known John since large reptiles roamed the Earth and fire was our latest technology. It’s hard to believe anyone was ever stupid enough to hire John, let alone allow him to work at their company for over thirty five years and become their managing director. Oh, if you only knew…and guess what? Since you can’t really do much about it now, I’m going to tell you a little something about your retiring director.

He’s if not the son of, and he isn’t because his dad was the nicest guy in the world, he is at least related to the Devil himself. That man right there, the one you all trust and love, has a mischievous streak a mile wide. The trouble he used to get me into while we were growing up would make any parent in this room cringe and be thankful he was not their son.

Hey John, anyone here ever hear about the time you locked our football coach in the port-a-john at the championship game and how the other team’s fans tipped the port-a-john, and then our bus driver wouldn’t let the coach back on the bus for the ride home because he stunk so bad? Or what about that time in college when you got into the professor’s computer and translated her only copy of the English final into Italian? Betchya you never shared any of those stories did you?

Yes folks, there is a lot about John you don’t know, and I could go on for hours, but I won’t. Because, as funny as some of these stories are, you already know the most important parts of John. He’s honest and faithful, kind, hardworking and fair. John never encountered a stranger, merely a friend he had not yet met. Over sixty years of friendship can attest to how good a friend John can be. So here’s to you buddy. May you have a long and adventuresome retirement. You have well-earned your time to play.

Your Next Challenge is:

 

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment