Pintrest

Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 10th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

First, I want to wish my Godfather a very happy birthday!

Burrrrr! It is down-right chilly this morning! Since it started to rain, I waited outside for the bus with my daughter, holding an umbrella for her so she wouldn’t get wet. By the time I came in, my teeth were chattering. She was so funny. She didn’t want me to walk to the end of the driveway. I guess a cream colored robe with blue roses isn’t the height of fashion. LOL.

It’s not like the kids on the bus would really be able to see what I was wearing because it was still dark at 6:45. I’m not liking this; still dark at seven in the morning and dark again by seven at night, and it’s only going to get progressively worse for the next seventy-three days. I need to move closer to the equator so I’m not in the dark so much!

Perhaps I was a bear in a previous life because all I want to do in the colder months is sleep. I feel so unproductive. It takes forever to get things accomplished. That and the fact I chub up a bit when it’s cold, and my teeth and claws show if my children are threatened. It’s a plausible theory, no? J

Oh my goodness, on a totally different and random topic, I just watched a clip for the Nissan Pivo and I think it is the coolest thing EVER! I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want to be in one with a semi driving by though, and I can’t imagine it has a good crash test rating. The computer is adorable. Check out the video on YouTube.

 
Yesterday I got tied up with another writing project as well as some other things, so I ran out of steam before I could do the blog. I have got to make sure the blog is the very first thing I do in the morning, otherwise “stuff” gets in the way and I rarely manage to get back to it. I will endeavor not to be distracted in the future.

I hope you have a great day and happy writing!

 
Your Last Challenge was:

Use the following three words in a story: Movie, Bicycle, Newspaper

 
It was hard to believe our little non-descript town would be chosen as the back-drop for a movie, but for three weeks last summer, that is exactly what happened. The neat thing was, they used all the town folk as the extras. Residents, not actors, were the people in the coffee shoppe, the grocery store, walking their dogs, playing soccer. Every day to day normal activity was portrayed by a local. I guess it was a way for the production company to stem the complaints from the disruption they were causing. Citizens won’t complain if they were involved in the project, even if the chances were good that their screen time would probably end up on the cutting room floor.

Last night, almost a year after the “wrap”, the production company hosted a screening of the movie in our high school auditorium. We were all anxious to see the finished product, so anticipation was high as the lights went low. I was completely shocked when the movie opened up with my daughter riding her bicycle down the road flinging newspapers on to our neighbors’ driveways.

 
Your Next Challenge is:

 


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment