Pintrest

Thursday, October 3, 2013

October 3rd Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 
 

I just got a chuckle. In the morning, I pull up the previous day’s blog, delete what I wrote, move “Next” challenge to the “Last” challenge spot, then I add a new challenge. This way all my pages stay consistent and I’m spending my time writing and not on formatting.
 

Right before I cleared the top part this morning, I noticed yesterday I had wished you “a day”, not a “wonderful day” or “amazing day” or any other kind of day, just a plain old “day”. I hope you didn’t have “a day” yesterday, because that wouldn’t have been good, and so not what I would ever wish upon you. Yet again, caffeine withdrawal rears its ugly head. LOL.

 
I’m sure there have been several typos throughout the over 150 blog posts. As much as typos drive me loopy, with the blog not being professionally edited, I expect there will be some I don’t catch myself. It is very hard to catch all your own errors. Your mind corrects the words you are seeing into the words you had intended to write. It is especially difficult when it is a common or well-known saying. I proved that on my August 1st blog with the “I LOVE PARIS IN THE THE SPRINGTIME” example. Not one person who responded to the blog caught the error.

 
Like Paris in the springtime, I wish you some sort of day, every day. I guess my mind added an adjective where my fingers did not. So I roll my eyes, let out a sigh, and instead of just letting it slide, I point out to the whole world I made a mistake. I’m a dingy!! Chances are pretty good, if you have been reading my blog fairly consistently, your brain also injected an adjective of your own choosing in the spot where I missed putting one, and you never even noticed until I pointed it out.
 

So today I wish you a marvelous, stupendous, great, fantastic, fun filled, glorious day and happy writing! Yeah, I have a tendency to over-correct… J

 

Your Last Challenge was:

You have been put in charge of the annual fall fundraiser. You are given carte blanche to pick the activity, theme, everything. The catch, historically this has been the biggest fund raiser of the year, so everyone is really counting on you. There are dozens of volunteers ready to help; you just have to tell them what you have in mind.

 

“Thank you all for coming. Please take a seat. I, like many of you in this room, have been involved with the annual town fundraiser for as long as I can remember. We all can agree, some years have been better, more fun, more successful, than others. I think I have figured out a way to change that, but it is going to take a lot more work.

 
“First, I want to change the one day event, to a weeklong festival. We’ll have something different every day culminating in a mini fair on the weekend. I was thinking Monday night we could do something at the bowling alley, Tuesday dinner at Trixie’s, Wednesday a hayride at Old Man Johnson’s, Thursday family movie night in the park, Friday the high school football game.

 
“Now these are just suggestions. If you can think of something different you think would be a great event, chime in. I tried to suggest past events that were popular.

 
Yeah, I didn't get very far on this one...

Your Next Challenge is:

 



 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment