Pintrest

Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 26th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

Good morning! The blog is going to be short and sweet today, because I have to leave by nine to get to Canterbury Tales Forever by ten. I don’t have anything packed yet. Ok not completely true, the books are already boxed, but they have been since the last signing. But other than the books, I need to get everything else ready, shower, do my hair and make-up, find clothes that I won’t be freezing this morning and then sweating my ears off this afternoon, pack a lunch, and load the car. Yikes! I have a lot to do and only a little over an hour to do it.

If you go on my website, under the events tab, there is a map feature, if you need directions to Canterbury Tales Forever. I hope some of you will come out today. It is a gorgeous day and if you have never been to Peddler’s Village, it would be a treat. If this weekend doesn’t work out for you, next weekend is the Apple Festival, I will be there on Sunday. Both Keith and Linda will be joining me again as well. If you were interested in the book Monty (the Christmas dog children’s book I told you about a few weeks ago), Sam will be at Canterbury Tales Forever next Saturday.

Yikes again! I really have to run. Hope you stop by to say “Hi”, hope you have a Stupendous Saturday, and happy writing!

 
Your Last Challenge was:

 
Tell a story, pick any subject you want, but no word you use can be more than five letters long. 

Gina is a sweet lady with long dark hair and eyes. Her hubby, Tom, also has dark hair, but he has green eyes. They wed four years ago and now they are with child. They can’t wait to see who he or she will look like.
The time comes. After many hours and much pain, he is here; tiny, red, bald and pruny with grey eyes. He does not look like mom or dad, but he is the love of their life. Guess they will just have to wait some more to see who he will look like.

Holy who-ha, that was hard! I don’t know how many times I had a word that was more than five letters, so I needed to find a replacement. Some I couldn’t think of anything that would work and I had to scrap the entire sentence. Ten minutes to write eight sentences. Today’s challenge will be easier…

 
Your Next Challenge is:


 Your best friend is retiring and you are asked to give a speech at the retirement party.


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment