Pintrest

Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 30th Writing Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


We had a fun time at our town’s fireworks last night. It is amazing to see how much the town has grown since I moved here thirty five years ago. There are SO many people now!
 

Got to sleep in a little today, which was nice. At 7:30 this morning I went to let the dog out and it was like walking into a bowl of hot soup. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t an air advisory today. YUCK! Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to hibernate in the air conditioning all day. We need to run to Kohl’s to take advantage of our 30% off coupon and get the sheets for vacation (of course we need sheets for the one size bed we do not own), then to WalMart for coffee, and finally to Costco to pick up the graduation thank you cards.

After all that, we will be spending the remainder of the day moving my daughter into my son’s old room, after it gets a thorough cleaning of course. Again YUCK!! There is even dust on the walls. This will be the first time since she was three that she had her own room. Although it will only be for a few weeks (she’s leaving for college), she’s still excited.

My neat and organized daughter has been sharing a room with her slob of a sister for the past fourteen years. Now, for the first time, they will each be able to have their own room. The youngest one says the room is always so messy because there was no room for everything with two of them in there. Let’s see if having the room to herself will have a positive effect. I’m not holding my breath. LOL. I wonder how, come end of August, my youngest one is going to react. For the first time in her life, she is going to be an only child.

Since this is the last day of June, that means camp NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow, so for the next 31 days, this blog is going to be short and sweet. PLEASE have pity on me during this next month and email me ideas for writing challenges so I don’t have to come up with them. christinapaulbooks@yahoo.com any and all suggestions are welcome and I am even temporarily lifting the “you need to post” requirement to have your challenge featured. PRETTY PLEASE…with sugar on top. J
 
Your last challenge was:

I’m going to miss…

 

Five days shy of my son’s twenty-third birthday he moved out. Not far, only a half hour away, but I’m going to miss his not living at home. We’re moving my middle daughter into his room, but in seven short weeks, she’ll be moving away to college, and I’m going to miss her too.

Every parent comes to this point in their life, and although we know it’s coming, the emotions still take us by surprise. As much as I complained about the noise and insanity that comes from having a house full of kids, mine and the inevitable add-ons of the “adopted” sons and daughters who come with them, I’m going to miss the constant stream of kids through the house. Luckily I have one more daughter still at home, along with her gaggle of friends, but what am I going to do in four years when she flies the nest as well?

 

You probably guessed that was coming, huh?

 

Your Next Challenge is (an oldie but goody):

 

If you can have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment