Pintrest

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June 5th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


Another GLORIOUS day in NJ! Can someone please figure out how to bottle this weather so we can take it out on days we really need to be perfect?

Last night I went to my twice a month critique group and everyone was in rare form. We laughed so hard. The group was small last night, so we didn’t need to split up. Everyone who brought stuff was able to read and we still managed to finish early, so the group outside left the library and we sat outside and chatted for another hour at a table in Palmer’s Square. It was surprisingly not crowded considering it was Princeton’s graduation day. On graduation day, the town is usually a zoo.

I have added a new section to my website under the “Links” tab you may want to check out. It’s called “OTHER books you may enjoy”. I have put up reviews of books I have recently read as well as links to the books themselves. Let me know what you think or if you think there is a better way to present the section. http://www.christinapaul.webs.com

Hope you have a wonderful day!

 

Yesterday’s challenge was:

 


 
I love this part of the day, just after sunrise when the sun’s rays are not strong enough yet to burn off the morning fog. To be out walking through the woods while nature awakes, refreshes me, invigorates me, inspires me. As my feet crunch over the leaf-laden ground, my mind wanders and nature becomes my muse. What will my inspiration be today? The frolicking antics of some playful squirrels? A newborn fawn stretching her legs for the first time? The soulful cry of a bird calling for his mate? The fantasy of dew friaries dancing across the ferns? I look forward to what the walk may bring.

 

Sorry it is a little short today, but that is where the story ended for me even though I only used a fraction of the ten minute allotted time. I guess it just works that way sometimes.


Today is my WWW meeting and I will be going in an hour and a half early so I can help one of the Tuesday Critique group set up his Facebook Page, Linked In account and his blog. (Can you believe it? I, me, the technological ditz, is helping someone else with technology. Now might be a good time to say a prayer for Harold and me.) The man is a real character and his writing has you absolutely in hysterics even if you do need to look up some of the words he uses. He does more of snippets and rambling rants, but if he can ever focus enough and get it all into one cohesive story, I guarantee it will be a best seller.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

Ronald McDonald and the Burger King

 

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment