Pintrest

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June 4th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


What an absolutely GLORIOUS day! Crystal blue cloudless skies, no humidity, a light breeze and about seventy-five degrees; as far as I’m concerned, it’s PERFECT! It did get a little warm while I was working on the garden this morning and I think my shoulders got a little burnt, but it was worth it. It is so nice to be able to go outside and enjoy the weather, a definite bonus to being unemployed!

I decided to take a break from the sun and come inside for a while, write my blog, get a load of laundry finished, have some lunch then I’ll go out again… maybe.

 

Yesterday’s challenge was:

 

My favorite teacher…

 

My favorite teacher…how could I possibly decide? Would it be Miss Payne from kindergarten, or Ms. Glaser from third grade, or Mr. Mullen from fifth? All were great and I remember them well, but would they qualify as my favorite? Perhaps not, but then again there was Mr. Guido in seventh, Ms. Mogland in eighth and Mrs. Neudecker in ninth. Of the three, I’d have to say Mrs. Neudecker was the favorite, but that is because she was the first to actually treat us like human beings. It also helped that she was an absolute riot. High school brought Mr. Paulino who gave me a love of history and Mr. Richards who had me prove to myself that I actually had a brain, and Mr. Wurple who encouraged me to play an instrument even though I was four years behind the rest of the band. College had Professor Jim, who believed in my writing so much he published one of my short stories in a literary journal at another college where he worked. I guess each one is a favorite, because each, in their own way, left a lasting impression and help mold me into the person I am today.

 
Your Next Challenge is … another photo:

 


 

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment