Pintrest

Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2nd Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


Another typical Sunday morning – kids sleeping on every surface. Light load today, only three extra bodies, but I never got to the grocery store yesterday so I have no clue what I can make them for breakfast. Surprisingly my daughter (the one who would sleep until noon if you let her) and one friend are up already. They decided to heat up some potato, bacon, cheddar soup I made the other day and are chowing down. Somehow, I think when the other two get up, they will go for the cold pizza in the fridge as their breakfast. Teenagers?!?

 
Since it was well over 90 degrees here yesterday, my husband and I didn’t get any work done on the garden, but I’m hoping we both suck it up and get out there today. I’m chomping at the bit to get planting. Corn will never get “knee high by the 4th of July” if it doesn’t get in the ground!

 
A picture is worth a thousand words, so what did you think about yesterday’s challenge? Did the photo bring forth a story of a magical faraway place? Was it present day or long ago? Were you the owner or a visitor?

 

Yesterday’s challenge was:

 

Write a story about the following photo:
 

 
Alaric’s mount crested the hill and there, at last, laid out before him, was a sight he had not seen in several years … home. Although bone weary, he was reenergized by its nearness, almost as if an invisible force drew him to the warmth, the safety, the peace which lay within. Alaric pressed his knee into his horse’s side and the animal responded instantly, gradually gaining speed as they descended the mountain. By the time they hit the field, they were in a full gallop.

 

All the kids are now up and chattering like magpies, so I cannot concentrate enough to write. Hope you have a great day!

 
Your Next Challenge is:

 

Just five more minutes…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment