Pintrest

Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3rd Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


Happy Monday morning! It is raining here, which is not a bad thing. A week ago we were in sweatshirts and jeans freezing our bippies off and then we had a string of five days where the temperature was over 90 degrees. Hopefully the rain will break the heat wave and we will have some pleasant weather.


Because of the excessive heat, we still have not finished building my garden. If the rain isn’t too bad later today, I’ll go and rake up the ground under the beds to get whatever grass and weeds up and then I’ll start tacking down the landscape fabric to keep the weed from growing back. Hopefully one day this week my husband will be able to make a run to the co-op for dirt to fill the beds. I will not bore you anymore with my garden saga, but I will a post photo when the project is finally complete.


I went back through the blog to make the posts all uniform – checking the font, the size, the alignment, etc., and I saw in my second or third post that this blog was originally supposed to be a two week exercise. Guess that idea fell to the wayside. I have found I really enjoy writing a blog, I just wish more of you would post responses to the challenges. In time, I’m sure it will come.


Yesterday’s challenge was:


Just five more minutes…

 

A child at bedtime

Too excited to sleep

One more story please

Just five more minutes

 

A pleasant dream

Snuggled in a warm bed

The alarm sounds

Just five more minutes

 

A final exam

Scrambling to finish

The clock ticks down

Just five more minutes

 

A wedding day

Waiting at the end of the line

The music starts

Just five more minutes

 

A dinner party

Preparing for the masses

Guest are hungry

Just five more minutes

 

A hospital bed

Tears flow freely

The end draws near

Just five more minutes

 

Why am I always surprised when a prompt/challenge brings out a poem? Over the years I have done dozens of rhyming verses for various things for the kids – class party activities, letters from the Easter Bunny, party invitations, etc. – but I would never consider myself a poet.

 
Your Next Challenge is:

 

My favorite teacher…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment