Pintrest

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Yeah, I know, really late today. My daughter’s graduation party is on the 23rd and the invitations haven’t gone out yet. I hadn’t even finished making them. Anyway, I finished and sent the jpeg to get printed. I’ll be picking them up in an hour, then I have to hand address them because my printer is out of one of the color cartridges and of course Staples has stopped selling them at the store. UGH! If everyone was on computer, I would have just sent e-vites and been done.

As usual, I’m running around with my hair on fire, so today’s blog will be short & sweet and tomorrow’s challenge will be a photo.

Yesterday’s challenge was:

 

I feel like I’m forgetting something…

 

We have to be at the doctors in half an hour for the baby’s two week check-up. The doctor’s office is twenty minutes away on a good day, and of course, it’s snowing. Wouldn’t you know, the snow started just as I realized I was going to be late if I didn’t get the kids ready. I corral the four year old, get him in his snowsuit, get the baby bundled up and in her car seat. I run out to the car and start it so it will warm up.


I come back in and, “Mommy, I have to go potty!”


Seriously? He couldn’t have told me that before I got him bundled up like the abominable snowman? I don’t have time for this!
 

I get him undressed and shoe him off to the bathroom while I make sure I have the nine million things a baby and a toddler need crammed into the diaper bag.
 

“Let’s go Honey, we’re going to be late.”
 

“I don’t wanna go.”
 

“We have to go. Sissy has to see the doctor.”
 

“Is she sick?”


“No.”
 

“Then why?”
 

“Because she’s two weeks old.”
 

“But why?”


“Every baby has to go at two weeks.”
 

“But why?”

 
“They need to make sure she is growing big and strong and she need to get a shot.”
 

What was I thinking? I said the “S” word and now I have a blubbering four year old refusing to get off the potty. I don’t have time for this!
 

“Why are you crying?”
 

“Shh..sshh..SHOT!!”

 
“You’re not getting a shot.”
 

“They hurt!”
 

“YOU ARE NOT GETTING A SHOT, so please stop crying and let’s go.”

 
“But Sissy’s getting a shot and it will hurt her and she’s little.” More tears.

 
 

Ran out of time, but I will give you the quick summary of this actual event. I finally get my son out of the bathroom and dressed. I grab his hand and my keys and my purse and the diaper bag, lock the door, throw all the stuff into the car, get my son locked in his car seat, get to the end of our driveway when I realize my two week old daughter is still sitting in her car seat in the middle of the hall in the house. I knew I was forgetting something! In my defense, there aren’t too many mommy brain cells two weeks postpartum, and now at eighteen, graduating high school and heading off to college, I do not think being abandoned for three minutes when she was two weeks old has scarred her in the least.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 


 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment