Pintrest

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


Well it has been a couple of days since I last posted and I felt guilty the whole time. I really do enjoy doing this blog and after Sunday’s party, I think I will be going back to the almost daily blog.

Thursday my youngest daughter was supposed to go on her 8th grade trip to Hershey but she got really sick and wasn’t able to go. I felt so bad for her, the kids look forward to this trip from the minute they start middle school. She got a pretty dress, new shoes and her nails done for the dance the night before, had everything packed and ready to go, then spent the next three days a total dishrag on the couch. Needless to say she was very disappointed.

Friday I went with my middle daughter, one of my girlfriends and her two sons to a murder mystery dinner in Jersey City. The food was delicious, the show was great, and I won for best actress.  I was chosen to be one of the suspects by the master of ceremonies before the show started and the character was required to meet everyone in the room. If I had known, I wouldn’t have worn heels!

Saturday I was at a friend’s daughter’s graduation party and she introduced me to friends of hers I had not met yet as her friend the author. Goodness! Well, it started a lengthy discussion and I ended up selling some books, but it was not exactly what I was there for, I felt bad. At least the graduate was outside and the conversation took place in the kitchen, so I guess no harm no foul.  Then a few hours later, a mutual acquaintance from church walks in and instead of just saying "Hi", she chimes, "There's our author." which surprised me because I did not realize she knew I was an author, then she surprises me even more when she tells me her book club just finished my book.

Yesterday we celebrated Father’s day with a nice dinner at my sister-in-laws. We got my husband a new grill because they no longer sell the grill guts to update his current grill. Quite a bit more than I planned on spending, but the new grill is really cool. It has a gas side and a charcoal side. It grills quick, it grills slow and it also has a smoker. I can’t wait until my hubby puts it together so we can play with it.

 


Hope you all had a great few days!

Your last challenge was:

 

One time my best friend and I…

 

One time my best friend and I were fishing in Maine with her parents on their boat. It was my third summer vacation with them, so we all were comfortable with each other and worked well together on the boat.  We would go the last week in July through the first two weeks of August, which was the time of year the mackerel were very plentiful. We were fishing with three hooks on a line, and before our sinkers would hit the bottom, all three hooks would have fish on them and we were hauling up full loads. With four of us on the boat, we needed it to be a well-choreographed dance or it would have been pandemonium. Well, sometimes, even with a well-choreographed dance, occasionally dancers stumble, and I stumbled. I was having problems getting one of my fish off the line, so I was kneeling on the deck struggling with the fish when my friend’s father brought over a full line. One of his fish flipped up and smacked me right in the face. Unfortunately, the fish still had the hook in his mouth and now the hook was embedded in the bridge of my nose with the fish still flapping from it.

 

Out of time, but the outcome was a trip to the ER and a small scar that I has a funny story to go along with it.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

It’s going to be the best vacation ever…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment