Pintrest

Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 22nd

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! There’s just something special about waking up to a thunderstorm – provided it’s not waking you up in the middle of the night, that is. No, at least for me, a cloudy, rainy morning makes me want to pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep, but when it’s a thunderstorm, with lightning and all, I feel energized, even though I don’t get out of bed right away. I just laid there, listened to the sound of the rain hitting the roof, the thunder rumble through the air, and the lightning flash through the window.

Mind you, my thoughts quickly turned to having to navigate the morning during a downpour; but for a little while, I was able to just lay there and enjoy the majesty of Mother Nature. Then, reality invaded, and I needed to get up. Sigh…

I had to make a quick run over to my mom’s house to feed her cat – she’s been on a trip to Martha’s Vineyard and Providence. She’ll be returning tonight, so today was the last day I needed to check in on Baxter. I know the cat still exists, because his food is gone every day, but I have not actually seen the cat in years. It’s very strange.

Okay, today’s blog is going to be extremely short and sweet, and there isn’t going to be a challenge today, because RV has an early doctor’s appointment, and I still need to shower and get ready. After her appointment, I’m taking her to go visit her sister. I’m praying I’ll be able to figure out the GPS in her car, or we may just be taking a really long scenic tour.

Hopefully we’ll be back at a descent hour because I have to be at our local library tonight for a writers’ group, and I’ll still need time to make dinner for Dani and my husband before I go. This is the group I wanted to start, and even went to the library to pitch the idea. They never got back to me, and then, months later, I find they started one on their own. I’m trying not to be too annoyed, and I’m trying to go in to tonight’s meeting with an open mind, but quite frankly, it stings. I promise to slap on a happy face and attempt to not make
waves, but …

Grandma and Grandpa did come to the rescue. They will be picking Lys up at nine to get her to the train station for nine thirty, so that’s a load off my mind. We are so blessed that the grandparents are so close, can, and are able to pitch in when we’re in a pinch. So many of my friends’ parents either live far away or are no longer with us, and they don’t have the extra help.


Okay, as I said, this is going to be short and sweet, because I really have to run. I hope you have a fabulous day, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment