Pintrest

Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 15th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Sleep…I need sleep! I don’t get it. I watched my caffeine yesterday. I triple checked to make sure I had not picked up any hitchhikers from my yard. I went to bed at a descent hour, and still I tossed and turned. I don’t like to do it, so I try to avoid it, but I think I’ll need to take something tonight around nine so I can get a descent night’s sleep.

Because I am only firing on roughly forty percent brain capacity, I will not even attempt the “blog” portion of this entry, and I will skip right to the challenges.

Here’s hoping for a good night’s sleep, so I can begin to function again. I hope you have a terrific day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

You look up and see an airplane flying really low.

I’ll never forget it. It was Saturday, September 22nd, 2001, a mere eleven days after that now infamous September day. In an effort to regain some normalcy in our lives, we decided to go to Six Flags, Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey. We had just bought a new van, and as a thank you gift from our dealer, he invited us to Chrysler Day. We got to test drive some new cars, cars with having three kids we wouldn’t be driving any time soon. The kids were having a good time. People around us, although still reserved, you could see they were loosening up, a few even smiled back as opposed to eyeing everyone they passed with suspicion.

We were standing in line to get on the Buccaneer, when a sound literally silenced the entire crowd. From the east, a low flying 747, appeared. Everyone stood frozen and watched its progress across the park. No one spoke, no one moved, and I’m pretty sure not many even breathed. It was the first flying plane any of us had seen in eleven days, and we watched in trepidation.

Your Next Challenge is (also stolen from Tuesday night’s writing group):

Use the following in a story: You don’t find many old werewolf hunters.


You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment