Pintrest

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 13th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning!

What is it with all the ticks this year? I can understand getting a few on me while we were working in the garden in the back yard. Our tractor isn’t working at the moment because it needs a tire, and apparently, since it is an older tractor, the tire isn’t readily stocked, and they are having trouble getting it for us. This means we haven’t been able to cut the grass, so it is ridiculously overgrown at the moment, thereby being a breeding ground for ticks; but I shouldn’t find a tick crawling on me for a simple trip to the mailbox. We also shouldn’t be finding ticks crawling on the ceiling in my car.

I have had four on me in the past two days, and I can’t shake the feeling of having bugs crawling on me. I know there’s nothing there, but I still have the creepy-crawlies. I don’t think I got more than three hours of sleep last night because I kept waking up, thinking something was crawling on me. EEEEEWWWWW!

I keep running my fingers through my hair and keep scratching my scalp, just to make sure, so for two days now, I have been walking around looking like Heat Miser. Even multiple showers have not alleviated the sensation. I realize it is mostly psychological, and I had better snap out of it soon before I lose my mind. This is the worst case of heevy-jeevies I have ever had.

Okay, today’s blog is going to be short and sweet, because RV has an early doctor’s appointment today. I hope you have a fabulous day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

There’s a knock at your door, and when you open it, someone famous is standing on your doorstep.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Sarah looked at the clock, nine fifteen, “Who the heck can that be?”

Paul hit the mute button on the remote, “Only one way to find out.”

“Smart ass,” she teased. “No, no, don’t get up. I’ll get it. But just so you know, if it’s an axe murderer here to kill me, you’ll be the first one I haunt.”

Sarah peeked through the side window and saw a woman standing on her porch. Cautiously she opened the door, “May I help you?”

“I am so sorry to bother you, I know it’s late,” the woman said. “I hit something in the road and it blew out my tire, there’s no cell service out here, and you were the only house I saw. Can I please use your phone to call Triple A?”

“Honey!” Sarah called. “Can you come here please?”

Paul lumbered out of the living room, then eyed their unannounced guest before he said, “Never seen such a pretty axe murderer.”

The woman was slightly taken aback. “Excuse me?”

“Pay him no mind.” She glared at her husband’s lame attempt at humor. “She has a flat. Can you just help her so she doesn’t have to wait, for God knows how long, for Triple A to show up. It’s not like we’re on their normal route.” Sarah turned to woman, “We’re really not on anyone’s normal route. How did you get way up here anyway?”

“GPS. I had to take the detour down on Route 9, and things seemed to have gotten mixed up after that.” She continued in a rush, “Please, let me just call. I don’t mind waiting, and I don’t want to disturb you any more than I already have.”

“It’s no problem.” Paul insisted, then tilted his head and studied her more closely. “Have we ever met before? You look so familiar, but I just can’t place it.”

Your Next Challenge is:

Write a story using the following three random items: Runway, Wine, Chewing Gum


You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment