Pintrest

Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Afternoon! Dang, I am seriously late for this blog today, but I have a good excuse. I needed to finalize the invitations for Dani’s Confirmation Party and my husband’s surprise party (shhhh, it’s a secret). Plus I had to create maps on Excel to send along with the invitations, which took forever! Now all I have to do is print them all, print the mailing labels, and get them mailed before my hubby comes home. There are folks who are invited to both parties. Do you think it’s cheesy if I stick both invitations in one envelope?
Radishes

Yesterday’s blog was too long to include a blurb about my garden, so I held it for today. Stuff is growing already! I made thirty little holes to plant the radishes, and stuck two seeds in each hole. Much to my surprise, all sixty radishes are coming up. I think I gave them enough space so I won’t need to thin them out, but what am I going to do with sixty radishes?

Corn
Next to the radishes are the carrots, and then I left a section to be able to plant something else. Unfortunately, it appears the rain displaced some of the carrot seeds, so now they stretch completely over the area I had left free. We’re going to end up with a boat load of carrots, but at least I can freeze them without worry.

Climbers
The corn has tripled in size already. There will be no issues getting it “knee-high by the Fourth of July”. The beans have all sprouted and are almost three inches tall already. The green beans are doing better than the wax beans, but I’m sure it will all even out. We did get the lattice up so they can climb when they are ready. Can any of you tell me if they need to be coaxed onto the lattice or if the plants figure it out on their own?

It appears all the broccoli and cauliflower seed took as well, and since they were well spaced, I shouldn’t have to thin them either. The only things which have not made an appearance yet are the peppers, the dill from seed, and the rosemary from seed; but it’s only been a week, so I
Broccoli
really hadn’t anticipated anything to be growing yet.

I spent about an hour out there yesterday trying to get all those annoying maple tree seed helicopters out of the beds. The big ones weren’t bad, but those tiny ones are a pain. I gave up, figuring it will be easier to pluck the saplings when they sprout, than the seeds now.

After I straighten up the kitchen and throw in a load of laundry, it will be nose to the grindstone for me. There are only twelve days left in the month, and I have a TON of editing to do, and I best get to it. I hope you have a marvelous day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

They sat next to each other, but pretended to be strangers

Who do they think they’re fooling? A blind person could sense these two knew each other. No one goes so far out of their way to avoid interaction, even here on the subway. Smiles, glances, an “excuse me” or a “thank you” are inevitably exchanged, yet these two are as animated as Buckingham Palace guards.

Their build and their dress are so similar, and their presence simply screams “Feds”. The real questions are what are they doing here, who are they watching, and should I be concerned? After glancing about the car, and being unable to discern the object of their focus, I elect to exit at the next stop, then take the next available train. Much to my chagrin, the two follow me off the train.

I wrack my brain. Was it me they were following? What do I know? Nothing. Did I see something? Hear something? If I did, I am not aware. As nonchalantly as possible, I climb to street level. Perhaps I can lose them in the crowd. One block, two, I catch a glimpse of them in the reflection of a store window. They are still following me. What if they’re not Feds?

Your Next Challenge is:

You are going to your twenty fifth high school reunion, and the person who was voted “most likely to succeed” shows up.


You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment