Pintrest

Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8th

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! One down, one to go, and if I could stop sneezing my head off this morning, I might actually be able to get done what I need to get done. Dani is already up and in the shower. When she finishes, I need to wake up Lys and my niece Shelly. Then the hard part, I need to get my husband’s butt out of bed. Let’s just say, he thoroughly enjoyed himself yesterday, and may have issues with the bright beautiful sunshine and the boisterous organ music today. LOL

Only one barely averted calamity yesterday, so I did good. My girls were on my last nerve, nerves which normally get frayed when I host events, so I left early to pick up the keg of beer from the liquor store. They had just loaded it and the bags of ice into my car, and I decided to call my hubby to spin the line that I just got a call telling us friends were sleeping over, and he needed to straighten up the family room for me. The call goes through and I can hear he’s talking through his Bluetooth. I ask him “whatchya doing?”, and he says “running an errand.” I ask, “where too?” and he says, “Petrock’s” which is the name of the liquor store where I’m currently sitting in the parking lot. AAAAAHHHHH!

So, have you ever seen a minivan lay rubber? It was a near miss, but I did manage to get out of the parking lot and into the one across the street without him spotting me.

After that little fiasco, the rest of the day went smoothly, except everyone asking about the raw chicken. I had two half pans of chicken legs, which I wanted thrown on the grill and barbeque sauce added to them. After the sixth or seventh comment referring to the “raw” chicken, I snapped. The chicken was fully cooked. It had boiled for over half an hour, and then sat in the hot water for at least another half an hour, because I couldn’t get to it because of all the other stuff I was trying to get done. If anything, it was overcooked; but apparently because it was cold and white, everyone thought it was raw. Well I cooked it on Friday, what was I supposed to do, leave it out so it would be room temperature?

Anyway, considering those were the only two “issues” I had, I think the day went extremely well. My hubby was shocked, everyone had a great time, and the weather couldn’t have been more perfect if I asked. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures to share today because my camera isn’t working, and I have to get the photos from my sister in law.


Okay, Dani’s out of the shower, so now I have to get the other girls up, so I should go. I hope you have a blessed day, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment