Pintrest

Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 7th

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! First off, I want to wish my mom a very Happy Birthday! Thanks for letting us use your birthday to surprise my hubby!

For the second morning in a row, my dang dog started barking his fool head off at 4:45. Luckily, unlike yesterday, he quieted down after a few minutes and I was able to fall back to sleep for an hour; and after yesterday’s nineteen hour day, I needed the sleep.

I spent all day yesterday alternating between cooking, running errands, running Dani all over hill and dale, and running supplies to the two party houses. I think I put over a hundred miles on the car just puttering around town and two trips to the next town over.

Today I will finish up the food prep before my husband wakes up so he doesn’t see and question the large quantities of food, and then the girls and I will be out of the house before he wakes up as well. If we’re not here, we don’t have to come up with fibs as to where we are and what we’re doing.

The only thing I haven’t quite figured out yet is how I can finish straightening up around here before he wakes up. I can’t exactly tell him there are people staying at the house tonight. Then again, I was thinking of coming back early from setting up at his parents’ house and saying the guests called me and said they were coming later tonight so they could be here in time for Dani’s confirmation. It’s not too farfetched, because they live down the shore and it would be tough for them to get here by ten. It just might work. This way, I can also get him to help me clean up…hee hee.

I almost stumbled yesterday when he asked me if we needed to get beer and stuff for Sunday. I told him I dropped off wine coolers and sangria (which I did, but at his sister’s house, not Bri’s house), but then I did lie and tell him Bri’s dad was taking care of the beer. Actually, I got a keg for today, and we are just transporting whatever’s left to Bri’s tonight. I’ll be picking it up around two, because that’s when some muscle will be arriving at my in-laws to help out.

My son will be there around noon, but he’ll be getting the horseshoe pits ready, which means I still need to stop at Lowes to pick up sand. I also need to pick up balloons. My husband thinks there’s a gymnastics party going on at his sister’s (who lives next door to his parents), so I used the colors of my nieces gym as our color theme – aqua, silver and black. It was perfect because all those colors are in the 50th birthday decorations I got.


Okay, I have tomatoes and onions to slice and eggs to devil, so I have to run. I hope you have a stupendous day, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment