Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 11th

Hi, It’s Christina –

Happy, Happy Hump Day! I know I said today’s blog will be back to normal, but I guess I lied. It’s coming a lot later than normal because I needed to get Lys to the train station this morning, and we had the chaos of two teenage girls trying to get ready at the same time…with only one bathroom. It’s never a pretty sight.

Anyway, Lys is off to Long Island to spend a few days with Tyler and family. Depending on the weather forecast, they may be back on Friday. If it’s nice on Saturday, they will be going to the beach. If not, Lys will just stay in LI and come home on the train Saturday evening.

I’ve told you before how insane my sister in law’s life is, juggling her three kid’s crazy schedules. Well, Cindy was my photographer for both parties this past weekend, and I guess she has not had the time to send over the pictures yet, but I did not want to push off the recap for yet another day.

Saturday went extremely well. My husband was shocked, but that was not the only surprise we had that day. I had a suspicion it would happen, but because I wasn’t sure, I kept my mouth shut; well, almost. I did say something to Lys, but told her not to say anything because I really did not know. The little stinker didn’t let on that she knew all about it.

The big surprise was when my nephew Kyle waltzed into the party. He really shocked his mom. Fran was in tears. I wished someone had videotaped it; it probably would have gone viral like all the other soldier’s surprise homecoming videos. We have not seen Kyle since the few days he had at home after graduation in January. He’ll be here until the twentieth, then it’s back to Mississippi for more training.

When he joined the Marines, he wanted to become an air traffic controller, but because he is slightly color blind, he is unable to pursue his first choice. Now the Marine Corp has him training in some type of intelligence field, but he can’t really talk about it. He seems okay with the change of plans, and still loves being a Marine, so I guess that’s all that really matters.

We managed to get everything broken down from Saturday’s party and transported over to Bri’s house for Sunday’s party before ten o’clock; thanks to Kyle and my “other son” Jason, who were my muscle men. The only things I needed to get over to Bri’s late Saturday was the beer and some food. All along, I thought we would be breaking down and hauling stuff into the wee hours of the morning, but as it turned out, we were all in bed by midnight.

Brianna & Dani Rose
Sunday was another perfect day weather wise, sunny and eighty-two with a refreshing breeze. The church service went well. Dani was funny. She said she looked out into the congregation and half the church was there for her. Well, she did exaggerate a bit, but there were twenty-eight people in church just to see her get confirmed.

I only have one photo to share with you from Dani’s Confirmation. Please excuse the quality, it was taken from my phone. Both her and Bri looked so beautiful, and so grown up!

As I said, this isn’t going to be a usual blog because I’m not going to give you a writing challenge today. Frankly I’m still whooped from this weekend and I don’t have enough time before I have to get ready for work. (I have the ten minutes to do the last prompt, it’s the coming up with a new prompt which would be too time consuming.)

So, until tomorrow, I hope you have a fantastic day, and happy writing!