Pintrest

Friday, June 27, 2014

June 27th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! Today is going to another crazy day, but what else is new? Dani and the dog around 1:00, Lys to work for 2:45, Max (my nephew) to work for 4:00. Glad I filled up the gas tank!

I was so aggravated yesterday. RV’s daughter had an eye doctor’s appointment at 2:45. We got there ate 2:40 and checked in. At 3:15 I asked what the holdup was, and was told the doctor had an emergency. They finally took her in at 3:50, and I don’t think they would have even taken her if I hadn’t pitched a fit. I thought it was rude and unprofessional. They should have said something from the get-go that the doctor was delayed, and they should have offered to reschedule. What I was tempted to do was give them a bill for MY time. If it was my own kid, or my own appointment, I would have made my displeasure abundantly clear. I abhor people who think their time is more valuable than someone else’s!

Okay, before it gets too hot, I’m going to go outside and pick a vat of mulberries. I have it in my pea brain that I want to make mulberry jam. The berries are yummy, and I think it’s a shame that every year the only ones who get to enjoy the mulberries are the animals in the yard. They have a grand old time getting drunk on the berries when they begin to ferment after they have fallen off the tree.

I’m going to look back through my blog to see if I have told you the stories. If I haven’t, I will tomorrow. They’re a hoot.

I hope you have a fantastic day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

The happiest corpse I’ve ever seen.

Actual photo of one of the themed funerals -
Yup, this lady's really dead
I was flipping through the channels a few weeks ago. It was a Saturday afternoon, there was no one home, and I had nothing to do. There was apparently nothing appealing on TV, and I became more and more frustrated as the numbers got higher. Then something caught my eye. I have no idea what channel I was on, nor do I think I ever heard the name of the show, but as far as I was concerned, it should have been called My Big Fat Creepy Funeral. 

There is actually a place, somewhere down south, which does themed funerals. Yes, you heard me correctly, themed funerals.

So, the story which mesmerized me, like an accident along the highway, was about this southern socialite’s passing. She had had everything planned out with the funeral home beforehand, and let me tell you, she was the happiest corpse I had ever seen. There was not a casket in sight. Instead, she was lounging on a settee, ankles crossed over really adorable pumps. She wore a lovely flowing mint chiffon dress, adorned with two strings of pearls, and a matching bonnet. In her hand, a mint julep. The atmosphere of the wake was that of a garden party. I guess Miss Whomever wanted to host one last shindig before she went the perpetual Derby Day in the sky.

Your Next Challenge is:

There was this one time…

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment