Pintrest

Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 14th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! Sunshine, glorious sunshine! After five straight days of rain, waking up today to sunlight was a beautiful thing.

In the one break in yesterday’s down pour, I managed to weed my entire garden, and I planted more corn, onions and artichokes. The corn should have been in two weeks ago, so I’m hoping the weather stays mild into September so we can have some corn later in the season. I guess we’ll see.

I have a bumper crop of radishes. I’ve given two dozen away, and I’ve used a dozen myself already, but I still have a ton left. Other than using radishes in salads, do any of you have ideas of what else I can use radishes in? I’m open for suggestions.

Today I need to do a little running around. I got my hubby boat shoes for Father’s Day, but I think I picked up the wrong size. My Kohl’s doesn’t have any more, so I’m going to take a ride into Flemington to see if that Kohl’s has them. 

Then I’m going to run over to my in-laws to pick up the raspberry bush I bought last week and left over there so it wouldn’t fry in my car (then promptly forgot about). After, I’m headed to ShopRite to pick up steaks for tomorrow’s barbecue.

Okay, let me go so I can get everything done. I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!


Your Last Challenge was:

A Game of “Follow the Leader” gone awry.

“Charlie, have you lost your mind? I’m not going in there!”

“You have to Gina. I’m the leader, so you have to follow me. Those are the rules.”

“I don’t want to play any more.”

“Nuh uh. I followed you when you were the leader. I did what you did. Now it’s my turn.”

“But Charlie…”

“You have to play fair.”

“But Charlie, it’s dark and wet and scary in there.”

“Scaredy cat. Scaredy cat. Gina is a scaredy cat.”

“I am not, but mom wouldn’t like it if we went in there.”

“Well I’m not going to tell mom and neither are you, unless now you’re a tattle tale as well as a scaredy cat.”

“I don’t care what you say Charlie, and you can call me whatever you want, but I’m not going in there. It’s not safe. I’m going home, and if you were smart, you would come too.”

Your Next Challenge is:

Use the following in a story: PLACE: a Library, EVENT: a power outage, SITUATION: you hear a scream

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment