Pintrest

Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1st

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! Super crazy short and sweet today, and now writing challenge either. In an hour, Dani and I are driving down to Avalon. Nan needs some help and the car space for the last of her items. Sharon, Sharon’s daughter, and Nan are going down in one car, and we’re going down in mine.

As I said the other day, I had mixed feelings about seeing the house “one last time”, and it’s really going to suck - excuse my French - when that last box is put in my car. (I’ll probably be too busy beforehand to let it sink in.) I need to make sure I put an extra box of tissues in the car for the ride home, I’m going to need them.

My mom is taking Lys to the airport, so I can go to Avalon. What I really should be doing is working on that book I’ve been editing. For the first time, I am NOT going to be able to make my deadline, and I feel really awful about it. The story has been really good thus far, and even though there are some editing issues – what book doesn’t have them, right – it’s not terrible, so I have no clue what is taking me so long. I should have been finished with this two weeks ago. It’s only 250 pages for goodness sake! I just can’t seem to focus.

I’m sure a big chunk of it is me not having a quiet house to work in right now. Not only have I been struggling with this editing assignment, I have not written one word for Faerie Tale Queen or Simply By Chance, and they are supposed to be published in August and before the end of the year. Lys starts work at the end of June, and even though Dani will be home from school then, she’s a sleeper, so I should be able to get a nice uninterrupted chunk of time in the mornings… well, the mornings when I don’t have to work that is.

Here’s a real clue as to how unfocused I’ve been, I have not read a single book in over two months. Me, the person who reads three novels a week, has only cracked open books to pull out lines for writing challenges. I have tried, picked up books by my favorite authors, and couldn’t even get through the first page before I put them down.


Oh good grief! The clock just bonged. I didn’t realize I’ve been typing for almost twenty minutes. This was supposed to be short! I’ve got to go…now! I hope you have a great day, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment