Pintrest

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 1st Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

Happy 2014! Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous year to us all!

Okay, my mind is slipping and you folks are slacking, but since it was a holiday, I’ll let it slide. I had one of those moments last night when I was staring at the TV, but not seeing what was actually playing. In those zoned out moments, I saw me and my grandparents watching The Lawrence Welk Show; but then I saw the family all together on New Year’s Eve watching Guy Lombardo count down the last minutes of 1969, and I did a mental forehead smack. 

None of you called me on my mistake, which means one of two things. One, I am considerably older than the lot of you and you have no idea who Lawrence Welk or Guy Lombardo were; or two, because of the holiday no one really read my post. I’m kinda hoping the answer falls behind door number two (but if it is door number one, then this Monty Hall reference also went over all of your heads). LOL!

So yesterday’s marketing event went surprisingly well. I have over 150 new “likes” on my Facebook Author’s page, and I have met a handful of folks who will more than likely become friends as well. My hat’s off to Jenny Taco who helped facilitate the event. I am pretty sure I would not be able to handle the pandemonium almost a thousand authors can cause when brought together in one place.

Last night’s celebration was very strange. For the first time in twenty-five New Years, my husband and I were child-free. All three kids had their own parties to go to, leaving hubby and me to our own devices. So, after making a crockpot filled with cream of broccoli soup and dropping the girls off at their parties, we went over to my in-laws and had a nice quiet evening.


We watched Carson Daly’s New Year’s show for a bit, then turned on the Texas A&M vs. Duke Game – WOW, what a game – and then flipped to ABC for New Year’s Rockin’ Eve just in time to see Miley perform. Guess you gotta take the good with the bad. Counted down, toasted with something bubbly at midnight (yup, I took a sip, it wasn’t too terrible and it didn’t make me sick…yeah), hugs, kisses and wishes of happy new year were exchanged. I straightened everything up (my m-i-l wasn’t feeling well), we came home and I went to bed. Am I a party animal or what?

Later today we will be going to my mother’s for dinner, which means my husband will be making the roast pork. YUM!!!! Without trying to sound conceded, I will say, I’m a pretty good cook; but my hubby makes the best dang roast pork ever. I cannot get my roast pork to taste as good as his, so I am really looking forward to tonight’s dinner. Roast pork, mashed potatoes and sauerkraut are our traditional New Year’s Day dinner. What do you usually have?


Okay, the marketing event was extended, so I want to put in some more time over there. I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was: 

To have a wonderful holiday with your friends & family. So, did you kiss someone you loved at midnight? I did.

Your Next Challenge is:

Since it is the first day of the new year, I thought a good challenge would be – A new beginning…

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment