Pintrest

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 8th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Today is turning into one of “those” days. I started this morning, like I do every morning, with taking the dog out. Since last night, the wind has stopped, so when I get outside, I think, hmm, it’s not so bad out here. I come in, make my coffee, fire up my computer and check the weather. It’s 9° outside. So I think, I guess my blood has thickened up, because it didn’t feel that cold to me. So then I wonder if blood actually does get thicker in the cold weather, so I start poking around the internet. 90% of the information out there says no, it does not, and it has to do with arteries constricting in the cold and your blood pressure needing to rise to pump the blood harder through these constricted arteries.

Makes sense, but then I think, I’ll shoot a note to my friend who happens to be a doctor and ask her, just for kicks. I pull up her page and she has posted a video of a guy playing Amazing Grace on a pan flute. I listen to the video, and it was pretty amazing. So then I start to think, I play the flute, I wonder if you play the pan flute the same way – so I Google it. Yup, pretty much the same concept. Then I begin to wonder how hard it would be to make a pan flute…

Now it’s almost ten and I still haven’t posted my blog, and I haven’t started anything else I should be doing. As I said, one of “those” days. :P


Okay, enough goofing off. I wish you all a fabulous (and hopefully more productive than mine has been thus far) day & happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

There’s nothing better on a cold day than…
There’s nothing better on a cold day than watching your breath swirl and dance playfully before your eyes as you laugh.
There’s nothing better on a cold day than fuzzy mittens and boots, and a hand knit hat and scarf.
There’s nothing better on a cold day than snuggling up on the couch, under a pile of blankets and watching a movie.
There’s nothing better on a cold day than ooey, gooey grilled cheese sandwiches, cream of tomato soup and a piping hot cup of cocoa with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it to cool it down a little.

Yeah, corny I know. Chock it up to being “one of those days”. See you tomorrow.


Your Next Challenge is:

You find an envelope taped to your door with your name, and nothing else, printed on the front. You open the envelope and you find money and a note saying, “This is for you as a thank you for being you. You need to spend this today, and the only stipulation is you must spend the money on yourself – no clothes for the kids, blender for the house, or anything along those lines. You deserve something special. Ps: I’ll know if you don’t follow my instructions.”


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment