Pintrest

Friday, January 3, 2014

January 3rd Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Snowstorm Hercules dumped a little over 6” of snow on us last night, so it really wasn’t as fearsome as the name. However, the storm also brought bitter cold (it’s colder than a witch’s who-ha) and a wicked wind, so it is rather miserable out there at the moment. They canceled school last night already, and even my husband’s company has a delayed opening, which is pretty much unheard of.

The marketing event, which ends Sunday, has brought me up to the 800 mark on Facebook, which is grand; but the best part is I have now become friends with a number of different authors, many of who are from overseas. It is an eclectic group and I am thoroughly enjoying chatting with them.

Yesterday’s Costco run ended with us unloading our bounty at the church. We had finished getting everything put away and, because Lys is leaving early Sunday morning so we’ll be missing church, we went over to the pastor’s office so she could say goodbye. We were just about to go into the building when we heard a cry. We turn around to watch my mother hit the ground. Her shoe had gotten caught between where the parking lot meets the walkway. THANK GOD she was ok, but I’ll tell you, I think it scared about three years off of my life. She’s bruised and a bit sore, but nothing’s broken. Having a young mom has its benefits. If she took this same tumble when she was in her seventies as opposed to being in her sixties, the results would have been much different.

So how are you doing on your New Year’s resolutions? I’ll admit I was too tired last night to clean the kitchen before I went to bed, and I didn’t start a load of laundry yet this morning, but, in my defense, the clothes I wanted to wash are in my bedroom and I didn’t want to wake my husband. I’ll get everything back on track after he leaves for the day, so I should be good from there.

Time to get this party rolling. I hope you have a sensational day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

Since it is the first day of the new year, I thought a good challenge would be – A new beginning…

A new day has dawned and a new year is upon us; a clean slate, a new beginning. The time for reflection has passed, and the time to look toward our future has come. What has the departed year taught you? What changes will you make in this new year? What mountain will you climb? Which golden ring will you grasp?
The possibilities are only limited by you own imagination. Take a chance. Reach for the moon, and who knows, you may just grasp some stars. Vow to live today as if it were your last, and squeeze every ounce of joy out of each second. Smile at strangers as well as friends. Say “I love you” often and really mean it. Spread good will and charity. Forgive even if you can’t forget. Try something new; perfect something old. Share your talent and your passion. Live. For a new day has dawned and a new year is upon us; a clean slate, a new beginning. Make it count.

Your Next Challenge is:

Write a story containing the following three words: Prunes, Grandmother, Missing


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment