Pintrest

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 9th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good morning! Well we’ve had our fair share of excitement around here in the past sixteen hours.

I had to run to Costco yesterday afternoon to refill a prescription for Dani. When I placed the call for the refill, the automated response told me there were no more refills (the doctor goofed and didn’t count correctly, there should have been four more). I hit the button for them to call the doctor, and then thought nothing of it. When I picked up the last prescription, they didn’t mention there were no more refills. I handed Dani the stapled bag from the pharmacy, so I never saw the prescription, and Dani’s fifteen, she didn’t notice the handwritten note on the prescription stating it had no more refills.

Costco faxed the doctor’s office at 6:00 am and then sent an electronic script at 9:30. The doctor never responded. I get to Costco around 4:30, and there’s no prescription. We call the office and the answering service puts us on hold for TWENTY minutes. We finally get through and they said they will notify the doctor, but if we don’t hear from them in twenty minutes we should call back. Twenty minutes later we call back and are put on hold for another fifteen minutes. The answering service tries again. Half an hour later, still no response from the doctor. The pharmacist himself calls, the doctor still does not respond.
After two hours, I leave my number with the pharmacist, and ask him to call me if he hears from the doctor. Dani wasn’t feeling well, and she had homework to do. I couldn’t wait around all night, and I’m glad we left when we did, because the pharmacist never called, which means the doctor never called him back, so now I have to deal with that today.

Later in the evening, Dani sees a post, on some social media site, about a murder in our town. I jump online to see if I can find any information. Nothing. I posted a comment on Facebook to see if anyone else had heard anything or if it was just a hoax. As of this morning, there are still no details, and there is no breaking news story posted anywhere; but folks who live in the area do confirm there was a lot of police activity, a body was removed from the home, and the county prosecutor was at the scene, so it’s not looking good. Our sleepy little town just ain’t what it used to be.

Dani has been complaining about a headache since Friday night. She was at a friend’s house, lying on a pillow, on the floor, next to him while he was playing a video game. He jumped during the game and elbowed her in the head by accident. Today when she went to school, the gym teacher sent her to the nurse because he was convinced Dani has a concussion. She’s home now, laying down. I have to wait until 9:00 to call the doctor.

Also, I have to go to work today. RV has an 11:30 appointment, so I have to figure that into the mix. Then I have to run to Costco to hopefully pick up Dani’s prescription, rush home, make dinner, shower dress and (UGH) put on make-up, because I have to leave early to get to Princeton; the TV interview is tonight at 6:30. All of this on roughly three hours of sleep. Yeah, I’m going to look absolutely lovely on TV tonight.

Good grief! Between the lack of sleep, the stress of what’s going on with Dani, compounded with the stress of FTQ still not being finished and the publisher calling on Friday, I’m going to lose my mind. I’m in serious need of a nap, and it’s only 9:00 am.

Okay, it’s nine, which means I have doctors’ offices to call, so I should go. I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

Use the following: An open window, A spilled glass, An empty bed

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment