Pintrest

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 17th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! It’s a chilly gorgeous day. Although, as you well know, I’m no fan of the cold, but days like today, early mornings in the low fifties, daytime highs in the mid-seventies, are my Camelot. Perfection, as far as I’m concerned.

I’m so excited. I just found out who will be joining me at my book signing this weekend. It’s Author, Medium, and all round wonderful person, Karen Hluchan. She will be joining me on Saturday (and possibly Sunday, I'm not sure), and she will have her amazing book, How Have You Loved? with her to sign. Karen and I were together at the last signing I did, and we had a ball.

So stop by and come say "Hi!" to Karen and me. The weather's supposed to be wonderful - high of 78. The Scarecrow Festival is kicking off which is lots of fun. If it's like last year, there will be pony rides, face painting, balloon animals and much more for the kids, so bring them along. It's bound to be a fabulous day. Hope to see you there!

Dani survived her abbreviated school day yesterday, although, she did come home and immediately took a nap. Her first challenge for today is going to be the bus ride in. Hopefully the noise on the bus won’t have her feeling too lousy by the time she gets to school.

I did receive some clarification about the teacher’s comment about it being the worst day for Dani to come back. With all the rain we were having yesterday, the roof at the high school was leaking (something they have been trying to fix for years but can’t quite seem to get right), and you guessed it, there was a puddle right on Dani’s seat. So at least my fear of her having a jerk for a teacher has been put to rest. Good to know. Sophomore year is probably the hardest year in high school, and the last thing she needed was a bad teacher.

There was some troubling news yesterday, but I was able to give Dani a heads up, so she wasn’t blindsided by the announcement like the other students were. When we were at the school yesterday morning, I observed a strange series of events. So, while I was walking Dani to class, I told her not to be surprised if they announced someone had died. I told her, I didn’t know who or how, or if even my suspicions were true, but I wanted her to be prepared, just in case.

Unfortunately, my intuition was spot on. The principal announced during third period that a student had passed away yesterday morning. This is the second senior they’ve lost in the past few weeks. It’s heartbreaking. No details were released out of respect for the family, but that doesn’t mean everyone doesn’t know the details already. We may very well be a large town, but we have never lost that small town connection.

I will not disclose any details, however I will ask for you to pray for the family. No parent should ever have to bury a child, but lately, far too many have; and yet again, the entire community is grieving for one of their own.

Refusing to leave you on such a sad note, I will add this. Today I am picking up RV early to take her shopping at Kohl’s. She’s such a riot, and I just love her to pieces. She hates having to get up early, but if getting up early means she gets to go shopping, she’s as happy as a honey bee trapped in a botanical garden. She’ll be up, ready, and waiting not so patiently by the door with a big smile on her face when I get there.

Then the next two hours will be spent with her looking at a few things, and talking to just about everyone in the store, and if the store manager, Rory, is there, then oh Lord. She just adores the man, but I have to admit, he’s just as gregarious as she is, and seems equally as happy to see her as she him. In fact, the last time I was there with Dani, Rory asked me where my partner in crime was, meaning RV. I just had to laugh.

Okay, it’s time for me to wrap up so I can go make Paulie’s lunch. I hope you have a glorious day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge:

If I had a dime for every time I…

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment