Pintrest

Saturday, September 6, 2014

September 6th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good morning – just barely. Today has been a shiny object day already. I am going to be hard pressed to get this blog out before the house wakes up and it’s too noisy for me to concentrate.

I spent an hour plus on the phone with Ron Shaw, the talk show host from ArtistFirst Radio Network, who I am doing the interview with on September 15th. He had sent me a proposed mock up for a cover of the newest book he was working on, to ask my opinion. I really didn’t care for it, but instead of just saying “yuck”, I made him a mock cover. Guess what? He really liked it, and probably more importantly, his wife liked it.

Please don’t get me wrong, the artwork he had for his cover was exceptional, but it was not appropriate for the story, well at least I did not think it portrayed the correct expectations for the book. Let’s face it, you do judge a book by its cover, and that cover led you to believe it was a horror story, and it isn’t, it’s a ghost story.

So we chatted about the upcoming interview. We chatted about some publishing stuff, and we chatted about our ghost experiences. Then POOF an hour and fifteen minutes had gone by. It’s no wonder, last month, for the first time EVER, I went over my minute allotment on my phone. Ron and I get to talking, and 60 – 90 minutes get eaten up just like that. It’s all good though. I truly enjoy chatting with him.

I did not get as much writing done yesterday as I had hoped. All the computer glitches had me twitching, so I downloaded a new anti-malware app out of desperation, and had it go to town. I rebooted this morning, and everything seems to be okay. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. So far I have not had 9K pop-ups telling me to upgrade my GoogleChrome, my video whatever, or anything else, and I can actually read my screens because they are not covered with ads. That annoying iStart123 still comes up when I initially log on to the internet, but it does not appear to be causing any issues, so I’m just going to ignore it for now. All my major problems started when I tried to remove it from my computer.

I did get a small reprieve yesterday. I found out my church meeting is NEXT Friday, not last night. Yeah. I was so exhausted last night, the last thing I wanted to deal with was another meeting. It was good to stay home and do nothing. Well, not exactly nothing. I got caught up on all the missed episodes of a show I like but have not been able to see for several weeks.

Today we are going to my nephew’s going away party. He leaves on September 11th for Japan, and we have no clue when he’ll get leave again. Chances are we won’t be seeing him for a whole year. Hopefully he’ll get some down time while he’s stationed over there so he can explore Japan a little. It would be a shame if he went half way around the world and didn’t get time to actually experience the country he’s in. That and I’m looking forward to seeing pictures because I doubt Japan will ever be in my future.

Okay, I’m on borrowed time at this point, and I need to get something done on FTQ. I hope you have a super day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

Do you remember your very first day of school, or any other memorable first day of school? Tell us about it.

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment