Pintrest

Saturday, September 20, 2014

September 20th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! Sorry I have been MIA for the past two days; I’ve been busy with marketing, writing and reunion stuff. Yesterday I hunted for classmates until my eyes crossed. I got through the M’s. Let me tell you, we’ve gotten creative in searching.

While we were at the meeting and talking about who we were still missing, when one of the classmate’s names came up a reunion committee member mentioned that the classmate’s dad passed away recently. We searched online to see if there was an obituary, and when we found it, we went to the “He was survived by…”, found our classmates name and the town he lived in, then went on White Pages and got his phone number and called him.

The whole process took about half an hour, which isn’t too terrible, but times that by the hundred classmates we are still missing… In some cases, where there is simply no bread crumb trail to the classmate, we are hunting for their parents, siblings, spouses, other family members, whatever we can. We only have two months left to find these folks, and very soon there needs to come an “I give up” point, but I’m not there yet.

Okay, I only have a few more minutes. I have to go get ready for the book signing at Canterbury TalesForever in Peddler’s Village. I need to be up and running by ten, it’s a fifty minute drive, I have to stop at the store to get candy for my basket (and lunch for my belly), and I still have to shower, do my hair and put on make-up. I won’t be getting dressed up today like I usually do, but I’m excited about what I’ll be wearing.

My “Christina Paul Books” T-shirts came in, and I will be wearing mine for the signing today. My banner came in as well, so wish me luck for figuring out how to hand the dang thing from my table. I brought fishing line, and I think I should be able to rig it with the fishing line under the table cloth.

Don’t forget, this weekend is the Scarecrow Festival at Peddler’s Village, so it is going to be a lot of fun. Please, if you have time (and don’t live halfway around the world), come check it out. It’s fixing to be a picture perfect day. The laundry and yard work can wait another day. Come out, have fun, and stop by to say “Hi”.

Gotta boogie. I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!


Your Next Challenge:

There’s a chill in the air…

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment