Pintrest

Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Holly (whose birthday was 6/30 and I
forgot to mention it - I'm such a bad
Aunt) & Gracie
Good Morning! First off, I want to wish my niece Gracie a Happy 14th Birthday!

Daughter #1 is off to work, Hubby leaving shortly & Daughter #2 is headed to the beach with a friend in two hours. I’m going to have the entire house to myself! Yeah, several uninterrupted hours to write!

I need to get 2,500 words down today to make up for the light writing weekend. I have no worries about finishing Camp NaNo, but I am beginning to question if I will finish (without edits) FTQ before the July 31st deadline for the publisher in NYC. I am also beginning to wonder if this is a Freudian response.

Perhaps subconsciously I don’t want to go with the publisher, so if I can’t meet the deadline, it won’t even be an option. Ah, but now it is exposed, and I cannot hide behind it, so my fingers will now fly and the words will now flow freely – wishful thinking??

The story has taken a little bit of a strange twist, which surprised me. I am a bit anxious to see where it is going to go. The villain is not quite defined yet, so I’m a little foggy on its (it is an “it” not a “who”… I think) capabilities and methods.

"Sebastian", "Sea Bass", "Bashy" ,
"Bashy - Boo", "Boodles" - this cat
 answers to everything.
Would you like to meet one of the characters from Faerie Tale Queen? This is Sebastian. Isn’t he a cutie? He’s going to be eight in October, and his name is really Sebastian. It was so fitting, so why change it? I don’t think he minds.

Okay, I have a little over an hour of quiet before Dani gets up, so I’m off to slay some dragons, well at least try to figure out how to keep a swirling black mist at bay. I hope you have a marvelous day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:


“Putting pen to paper lights more fire than matches ever will” (Malcolm Forbes)




A play on the classic “the pen is mightier than the sword” for sure, but equally as profound. Words are power, and fire can come in many forms.

Words can be inspirational, as in Randy Pausch’s book “The Last Lecture”, and make you realize your time on this earth is fleeting, and you should squeeze every last drop of life out of the time you have. They can transport you to another world, and have you fight with the little guy against a great evil, as in JK Rowling’s or JRR Tolkein’s series. The written word can also be propaganda, and light a misguided fire, as in Hitler’s “Mein Kampf”, or Rev. Jim Jones’ People’s Temple brochures.

Yes, pen and paper are the mightiest weapons we possess. The question is, will you use them for good or evil?

Your Next Challenge is:

Left, right, left…

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment