Pintrest

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 23rd Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! When am I going to learn to do my blog first and then go online? It’s after nine and I’m just getting started.

I know I’ve mentioned before, I’m not one for TV, and when I do have a show I enjoy, I watch OnDemand, because whenever they air, it’s never a convenient time. Because of this, I am hopelessly behind on current events. Things can be blowing up, and I won’t now about it until days later.

I didn’t know about the plane shot down over the Ukraine until three days after it happened. I just saw the white flags on the Brooklyn Bridge. I got caught up on the conflict in Gaza, and the fresh fruit recall because of listeria contamination.

The world is going to hell in a hand basket, and I remain blissfully ignorant in my own little world. I’m pretty sure this is a Freudian response. I can’t handle all the heartache, so I close myself off to it.

I find the reason behind the conflicts so senseless. I cannot get my brain around why people can’t get along, and treat others the way they wish to be treated. If they did, we wouldn’t have all the strife in the world.


I know. I’m idealistic. So shoot me. I believe every person, on this Earth, is beautiful, vibrant, and an integral part of our existence; regardless of their skin color, religious belief or sexual orientation. Each and every one of us laugh when we’re happy, cry when we’re sad, and bleed red when we’re cut.
In essence, what they are fighting over is dirt. Pieces of land where they think they should have rule over. I ask you, is a handful of dirt more valuable than the lives killed to claim it? Not in my book.

Enough philosophical mumbo-jumbo. That’s not where I wanted to go with today’s blog. I will happily crawl back into my cocoon, because if I have to see one more injured or dead child because the so-called adults around them can’t get along and their answer is to drop bombs and launch missiles, I’m going to scream. This is why I don’t watch the news. I get so angry I just want to shake some sense into these people, and there isn’t a dang thing I can do about it.

I had an abridged day at work yesterday, and I have a sneaking suspicion today isn’t going to be much better. I never even made it to my writing group last night. My back is in total spasm. I’m walking around doing the ninety year old shuffle. Other than getting RV to her appointment yesterday, and then back home, I didn’t accomplish much.

The back is marginally better today, but I think I’m still going to be limited in what I can do. That also means I didn’t get a whole lot of writing done yesterday either. I am over 30K, so that’s good, but I doubt I’ll be able to drop another 20K in a week.

Ooo, before I forget, I have a request. If any of you are (or have a significant other) from NORTHERN Ireland, and are willing to read, I could use your help. When I finish Faerie Tale Queen, I would like someone to go over my phrasing and word choice for my Irish characters. I want to make sure I’m consistent with it and not flopping around the country. Also, I want to make sure it is true to middle class – not above or below. If anyone is interested, just let me know – a DM on Facebook is probably the quickest way.

Okay, I should go. I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:



Why did it get so quiet? How long has it been this quiet? Was I so engrossed in my book, I didn’t notice sooner? The waves. I can see them. Why can’t I hear them?

The kids playing volley ball, one of them just yelled something. I saw him do it. Now he’s laughing and horsing around with one of his teammates. They’re close enough. I should be able to hear what they are saying. Something’s wrong.


The roller coaster, sure it’s a bit away, but I can always hear the screams when the riders drop over the big hill. Is it running? Oh my God, it is.

It’s getting hard to breathe. Don’t panic, don’t panic. It won’t solve anything.
Think. I was fine this morning. I sang along to the radio on the way here. Everything was crystal clear when I sat down. The gulls were squawking. The kids were squealing when the cold water hit their toes for the first time. I heard the lifeguard’s whistle when I came out of the water. Now, nothing.

What do I do?

***

Well, that sure didn't go where I had expected it to when I posted the photo yesterday.

Your Next Challenge is:

What is that stuff all over you?


You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment