Pintrest

Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! It’s finally Friday! I was looking forward to Friday this week, because I don’t work on Fridays, and I was planning on getting a lot of writing on FTQ finished, but I’m not sure how much I’m actually going to get done.

My adorable nieces
We are having a party to celebrate my two nieces’ and my brother-in-law’s birthdays tomorrow (6/30, 7/7 & 7/13), so today I have to go to the grocery store to get the ingredients to make broccoli salad, beans, and all the stuff Lys needs to make the cake. Then I have to go and pick up the gift cards and the cards.

One of 3 Kara's going to have to
deal with...
It’s also my cousin from NY’s birthday, and since she’s coming, I want to get her a card too. We don’t exchange gifts, but since tomorrow is her actual birthday, I wanted to have a card for her. I just heard she’s making the trek by herself (along with her kids who don’t drive yet) this year. This should be interesting, because she’s not fond of driving over bridges, and there are several between her house and my in-laws.
Kara, Lex, Gia, Angie,
Samantha, Nicholas
(Antonio hadn't hatched yet,
but if you look close, he's
there too.)

Hey, we all have phobias of some sort, right? Me, I’m city phobic, and I’m not a fan of birds, but you know that already. I know she’ll be just fine. She’s a lot stronger than she gives herself credit for – she has to be, being the mom of six beautiful children, but perhaps instead of a card, she would appreciate and adult beverage more. LOL (No that she’d drink it, because she’s driving, but she could take it home with her.)

Our newest little cousin
Frankie
I don’t know if any of the other cousins are coming this year. The picnic is an annual thing, and the only time we get to see them, which is a shame because we have a grand old time when we get together. I know one cousin is definitely not coming because they are on vacation, and I’m bummed about it, because I wanted to meet his new baby girl. She’s coming up on a year old at this point, and is as cute as can be.

Okay, it’s time to get my hubby out the door, and then I’m off to ShopRite before it gets crowded. I hope you have a fantastic day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

Dragons!

Dragons! Dragons! I’ve been chasing dragons for over two decades now. Actually, I have traversed the globe, chasing stories of what people thought where dragons. I have managed to disprove every occurrence or siting thus far. In actuality, they were either extraordinary spiraling weather or lightning strikes, or in several cases, unusual clustered flocks of birds in the air; but this time, this time, it’s different.

I arrived in the remote Alpine village three days ago to gather information. All the witness accounts were identical. The beast only struck at night. It had two glowing eyes, shot fireballs, and was accompanied by a loud whirring sound never before heard.

Buildings were charred and crumbling. Farmers as well as livestock lay dead, pierced but something projected from the monster. The attacks would only last for a few minutes, then the creature would disappear over the mountain range.

I assembled a small group of men, and we headed into the mountains in search of the beast, intent on slaying it. We crested the peak, then began our descent toward the ravine, and that was when I caught my first glimpse of the beast. I told the men to maintain their position, and I crept further to investigate.

It was black, fifteen meters long, and four meters high. It’s wingspan was at least seven meters. I had never seen anything like it before. This strange creature was not an animal, as I had expected. It rested on three wheels, had a small blade in the back, and a large blade on top. It looked to contain doors and windows.



I didn’t have enough time, to go on with the story, but I was going to have our “dragon” slayer witness a man get into the helicopter and fire it up. Did the language I use lead you to believe this was many centuries ago, way before helicopters even existed? It’s what I had hoped, but you can only do so much in ten minutes…

Your Next Challenge is:

In for a penny, in for a pound

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go

No comments:

Post a Comment