Pintrest

Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning!

First and foremost, I want to wish my wonderful son, a very Happy 24th Birthday! I love you, and I’m so very proud of the man you’ve become! Can’t wait to see you in a few hours!!

Next, I want to wish all my American friends a Happy 4th. I hope the weather holds out wherever you are, so you can enjoy a wonderful day with your friends and family; and if you are setting off fireworks, please be safe! I live in a state where fireworks are illegal, but that doesn’t seem to stop many from setting them off. And a final cautionary note, if you’ve been drinking, even only two drinks, let someone else drive (provided they haven’t been drinking). It’s just not worth the risk. I’m a selfish person. I don’t want to lose ANY of you, especially to something preventable. So please, be smart, be safe, and enjoy the festivities responsibly.

To everyone else, who does not fit into the two shout-outs above, HAPPY FRIDAY! You’ve made it through another week, and you’ve got two days to enjoy yourself. I know, I know, you’re saying I’m off my rocker – you work harder on your days off than you do at “work”. LOL

Okay, I have a very limited time to work on FTQ today, because I have food to make for the party, so it’s time to skip across the pond. I hope you have an incredible day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

Use the following three in a story: Rummaging, Hat, Telescope

We inherited a house from one of our elderly relatives, and with the house came all of the contents. It was a massive endeavor to clean it out, but you have to take the good with the bad, right?


At first, we focused on the living space; weeded out what we could not use, and then rearrange the items we were keeping so they fit into our lifestyle. The last places we tackled were the basement and the attic. Luckily, the basement only took a few hours because it was incredibly organized, and surprisingly, pretty much everything that was down there, had a purpose.

The attic, on the other hand, was a different story. After our initial cursory inspection, we determined it would take several days to rummage through all the contents.


Fortified with a good breakfast, and armed with bottles of water – the attic was hot, even though it was early spring – and a box of heavy duty lawn and leaf garbage bags, we headed up. Boxes and trunks, armoires and dressers, a full-length mirror, one of those dummies dress makers use, adorned with a floppy hat and a feathered boa, a brass telescope on a stand pointing out of the window.

The enormity of the job ahead of me was intimidating, and I guess my panic showed, because my husband squeezed my hand, lead me to a box in the far corner, and said, “One box at a time.”

For the record, the above is total fiction.

Your Next Challenge is (short but appropriate for today):

Fireworks

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment