Pintrest

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1st Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

GOOD MORNING! Believe it or not, I have been up for hours already, and I’m just getting to my blog. Since Camp NaNo started today, I decided to dive right in and get the ball rolling. I was kinda bummed to find my friend Dorothy May was not assigned to my cabin…again, but we’ll still keep each other going through this crazy month ahead.


I did finish my editing project at around eight last night, and forwarded the edited manuscript back to its author. The story was good, had quite a few laugh out loud moments, and when he gets done editing, he’ll have a really good story. He had a few questions, so I shot him a LONG email this morning. I love having the opportunity to help new authors, but I think Joe might be the last one I can help as far as pro bono edits. L I just don’t have the time, and I refuse to give a sub-par edit. I’ll continue to do them for my small circle of friends, but I will no longer choose an Indie author at random and offer my services.

Writing today is going to be difficult, but I’m NOT complaining. I have to keep stopping to answer phone texts and FB messages. All the birthday messages have really made my day, and it’s not even eight in the morning yet! I am truly blessed!!

Okay, I’m going to run so I can try to get another chapter completed before I have to leave for work. Ooo, that sounds weird, but I’m looking forward to it.

I hope y’all have an amazing day, and happy writing!





Your Last Challenge was:

Help, I’m shrinking…

In retrospect, I guess it all started about a week ago when I noticed my wedding ring was getting loose. I didn’t pay it much mind though, I just figured I was finally losing a little weight, so I wasn’t going to complain. The next thing I noticed was I couldn’t reach something on the top shelf in my cabinet, and considering I had just put the item on the shelf a few days prior, not being able to reach it again, had me a little baffled. Then, the other night, I had to cheek up into the chair at the dinner table. Okay, I know I have bar height chairs, but come on, my kids don’t even have to stretch to get into them.

Something weird was going on, and I mentioned it to my husband, but he thought I was nuts. Well, this morning, when I woke up, I swung my feet over the side of the bed…and they didn’t reach the floor! I fumbled for the light and flipped it on, just to make sure I was fully awake and not dreaming. I looked down at my feet, and there they were, dangling about two inches off the floor.

Well my five a.m. shriek woke my husband. He got up to see what had me so upset, and did a double take when he saw my feet. He doesn’t think I’m nuts anymore.


Your Next Challenge is:

Oh No! Not again…


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment