Pintrest

Thursday, April 17, 2014

April 17th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good morning. I’m having some issues with sitting today, so the blog’s going to be fairly short so I can spend time on Faerie Tale Queen. I did figure out how to add a new section to the blog, so if you look on the left hand side, right under “Blog Archives”, there’s a section where you can get five chapter “clumps” of FTQ. The first 25 chapters are up, and I’ll post 26 – 30 sometime next week.

Now, I could swear I pretty much posted the exact same thing yesterday, but when I looked, I couldn’t find it. So, if this is the second time you are seeing this information, sorry. Then again, it would so fit into the day I had yesterday.

All day I swore I was losing my mind. I got to RV’s at ten so I could do some stuff before her eleven o’clock appointment, an appointment she switched from Thursday to yesterday, while I was standing right next to her, because she knew I had to make chicken for tonight’s Seder Supper at church, and she didn’t want me to be too rushed. Is she the sweetest or what? Anyway, the appointment was at one, not eleven.

Then, while she was at her appointment, I ran to the store to get supplies to make cupcakes. I come out and hit the button on the key fob to open the trunk of RV’s car, but it wouldn’t open. So there I am, standing at the back of this silver Lexus in the parking lot, pushing the button, and two cars down, there’s a silver Lexus with its trunk door going up and down. There were several other incidents, but that one is a good example of how my day went yesterday. Hopefully today will go a little smoother.

Okay, I promised short and sweet, and I’m going to stick to it. I hope y’all have a great day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was – random line, from a random page, pulled from a random book off my shelf (bonus points if you can name the book):

“Mark Reynolds is not in a position to forbid or allow.”

Do you believe the nerve of that man? Ooo, I’m so mad, I’m shaking. Where does he get the unmitigated gall to lecture me? He was the one who brought scandal to this office. He was the one who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, the one who was (figuratively) caught with his pants around his ankles, not me. It’s only by the grace of God, and some dumb luck, he even still has his job. But, if I were to put in my bid for the position, I would bring on unwanted attention to the office, and he forbids me to do it? Are you kidding me? Oh no, as far as I’m concerned, Mark Reynolds is not in a position to forbid or allow anything.

Just so you know, the book I chose was from my “to read” shelf, which means I haven’t read the story yet, so I have no clue who Mark Reynolds is, and I really don’t know much about the story itself. It was a very popular one with my customers at the bookstore, so I got myself a used, but still in great shape, copy, figuring eventually I would read it. Now, this book has been sitting on my shelf, untouched, for over two years. I chose it at random, and flip it open, and the book flips open to this particular page, because there’s a bookmark. I guess I never even opened the book when I got it, because I think I would have noticed the bookmark. Let me tell you, one thing I loved about working at a used book store was that, for some strange reason, many people use money as bookmarks.

Let’s just say, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, paid for itself. So, did you guess which book the line had come from?

Your Next Challenge is:

“Doc Brown” bequeathed you his Delorean.


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment