Pintrest

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2nd Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Even though yesterday was lovely, thanks to all of you making it so, today has started off with frustration. Last night I kept receiving pop-up saying my Google Chrome needed to be updated. I tried to shoo off the pop-ups, because I was tired and really not in the mood to deal with an install, but then I couldn’t post any comments, nor could I search for anything. So, I relented.

What a mistake that was! This morning I couldn’t get on email, a zillion more pop-up appeared, my computer was running as slow as molasses, all my screens had changed, and there were all these new icons and search engine buttons everywhere. I was NOT a happy camper.

I am happy to say, eleven uninstalls and computer reboots later, I am up and running again, and imagine this, Google Chrome is running just fine now that I UNINSTALLED their latest update. One of the programs was stupid enough to ask why I was uninstalling it from my computer. Let’s just say my reply contained the words “pissed”, “BS”, “unethical”, and “punishment”, and we’ll leave it at that. I wasted two hours when I could have been writing. To say I was annoyed would have been a gross understatement, and I let my poison pen fly, unchecked.

I’m getting worked up again just thinking about it, and that is defeating my purpose in writing the blog. I wanted the blog to calm me down enough to be able to get at least an hour’s worth of writing done on Faerie Tale Queen, before I had to get ready for work. I think I’m going to have to hold off on FTQ until I come home from work.

Work yesterday went well. I brought RV to a doctor’s appointment, helped her get dinner ready, did some light cleaning for her, and even helped her (and her daughter) pull off an April Fool’s prank on her husband. Hopefully he wasn’t too annoyed when he found his TV remote hermetically sealed in plastic wrap, and the batteries sitting next to it. Guess I’ll find out if I still have a job when I get there today. J

Okay, I should go. I hope y’all have a wonderful day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

Oh No! Not again…

Oh for the love of Mike! I can’t believe this is happening again. How is it I always seem to manage at least two catastrophes at the same time? Not one, but two flat tires; keys get locked in the car while it’s running, and then the car runs out of gas; late for an appointment, heel of my shoe breaks and it starts to pour. It’s always something. Not to sound cliché, but I’d swear, if it wasn’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all.

I should have known better than to try and pull off a surprise party. I should have known some sort of calamity would have befallen the day, but, even in my wildest imagination, I could not have predicted what had happened.

Things were going smoothly. I should have taken that as a warning, but I was too excited. We had just placed all the food on the tables, every last guest had arrived, and the guest of honor was due to arrive in fifteen minutes. I was able to take a breath, and spend a few minutes chatting with friends before I was “on duty” again. It was so nice… while it lasted.

Suddenly, I hear a shriek from one of the guests, and then a scene began to unfold which would have made Alfred Hitchcock shiver. The food table was being plundered by crows. The first two or three that landed were shooed away by guests, but then more came, and more. Soon there were hundreds of squawking beasts everywhere, and they were no longer limiting themselves to the food table. They were on the lawn, on the chairs, dive bombing guests. People were running, screaming, and ducking for cover. In the commotion, candles were knocked over, and the festive decorations were now ablaze.

I put my hands over my eyes, drag them up to my scalp, and give my hair a good tug in frustration. As I turn my back to the mayhem, I spot the guest of honor, standing at the edge of the lawn, mouth agape; and all I can think is, Oh no! Not again…

Your Next Challenge is:

You’re stuck in an elevator…


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment