Pintrest

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 9th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good morning. Wow, what a gorgeous day it’s starting out to be, not too cold, bright beautiful sunshine, and no wind. I’ll take it!

Today started out with almost two thousand words completely unrelated to Faerie Tale Queen, my blog or NaNoWriMo. As you know, my daughter was out sick all last week with that norovirus that’s plaguing our schools right now. She was miserable for eight straight days. So obviously, now that she’s back at school, she has a lot of work to catch up on, and the poor kid is stressing.

She missed a week, so she should be allowed a week to make up the work. That’s the policy, but apparently the policy doesn’t mean squat when it’s the end of the marking period. She has projects due – project which were assigned while she was out. She has tests she needs to take – on material that was covered while she was out. She even had to write three papers on health and/or fitness to be able to make up for gym periods she missed. HOW FLIPPIN’ STUPID IS THAT??? Are you kidding me? Like she doesn’t have enough to do without the gym teachers assigning her busy work?

This poor kid has been up to midnight the past two nights trying to get all her work finished. She is so stressed out, I’m actually worried she’s going to make herself sick again. Hence my 2K words this morning. I shot off emails to all her teachers, begging to give Dani the appropriate amount of time to complete her assignments. Telling them it is better to give her an incomplete for the marking period then to force her to hand in an incomplete project, or to take a test on something she hasn’t learned yet because she’s being forced to teach it to herself.

In all fairness, I also sent an email to Dani’s math teacher, thanking her for working with Dani to get her caught up. This teacher went so far as to arrange for another math teacher, who did not have a class period nine, to come in to her classroom so Dani could get some one-on-one help in learning the material she had missed. In this day and age, I find that level of teaching, an anomaly. NOT that the teachers wouldn’t want to be able to help their students any way they can, but that the administration makes it so difficult for them to be able to go above and beyond the way Dani’s math teacher did. My hat’s off to you Ms. M, you found a way, and it’s is very much appreciated!

We’ll have to wait and see if my other emails this morning bought Dani any extra time. If they didn’t, I fear I will have to bring my case further up the food chain, and believe me, when it comes to my kids, I have zero issue going over someone’s head, and all the way to the top head if need be. I’ve done it before, and I will not hesitate to do it again.

Alrighty, I have an extra hour this morning to get some more writing done on FTQ, and I intend to use every second of that time. I hope y’all have a great day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

The Easter Bunny can’t get motivated this year…

Another year, another basket. Who am I kidding? Another billion baskets. And for what? No one appreciates all the hard work I do. Now anyone can go and pick up their Easter candy at Wal-Mart, they don’t need me to bring it to them anymore. So why do I bother?

Why do I bother with putting up with the complaints that I hid an egg too well, and it started stinking up their house two weeks later because they couldn’t find it. Is it my fault they have the observation skills of a myopic sloth? Oh yeah, and I especially love the complaints saying all my candy is making their kids fat. Like it has nothing to do with the drive through dinners three times a week because parents are too lazy to make proper meals; or how about them wanting to be their kids friends and not wanting to upset them so they let them sit on the couch for hours on end playing video games instead of going outside and getting some exercise. Oh yeah, it’s all my fault your kid's a lard butt.

So again I ask, why do I bother? I should just hang up my basket and go soak these weary bones in some aqua waters off some tropical island. I doubt anyone would miss me anyway.

Your Next Challenge is:

One red shoe…


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment