Pintrest

Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31st

Hi, it’s Christina –

Happy Monday! First I want to start by wishing my hubby a very Happy Anniversary! We have had our ups, and we have had our downs, but I could not imagine going through this roller coaster called life without you! Love you!

Now, although I usually avoid political or religious themes here in my blog, occasionally I can’t seem to help myself. So, if you have no interest in some local town politics (and I can’t say I blame you), you can skip this section. I will not be offended. On the other hand, I wouldn’t mind comments, so I could understand a different perspective.J

So the latest thing that has our snooty town’s panties in a bunch, is there is a restaurant, which features off track betting, being proposed to go on a site in the north section of our town. This section of town has no houses close by it. There is a government depo, several businesses in an industrial park, a wholesale landscaping business, a hotel, a self-storage facility, a gas station, and a brake shop.

I just don’t get why everyone is up in arms. It’s not like a brothel is moving in, although if it were, I’m sure it would not be the first one in our town’s checkered past. Seriously folks, get a grip and think about this logically. The building has been vacant for over two years, so the town has not been able to collect any taxes from it. Any new establishment in town, which serves alcohol, would be policed more stringently. Plus it’s a well-known and reputable company who is handling the gambling portion of the restaurant. You don’t have any beef going to the Meadowlands Racetrack, do you?

Now, if betting is not your thing, and it’s definitely not mine, then just don’t go. If they don’t have patrons, they don’t have a business. Also, with this particular site, if you play the odds (pun intended); the place will not be there for very long. Think about it. In the past thirty years, this site has had at least six changes in ownership. The only place that has flipped more times is the County Line Inn location. The track record for longevity is quite dismal, so chances are, even if they do get past the planning board, their residency will be short lived. Seriously folks, aren’t there better things you could be expending your energies on?

Okay, I’m done. I just had to let it out so I wouldn’t bang my head against a wall.

Now, on a more positive note, my friend and fellow author, K. Edwin Fritz, has finally finished his long awaited sequel to ManHunt. Woman Scorned, I believe, will be release tomorrow. I shared the teaser he posted on my Facebook page, so if you’re interested, you can check it out. WARNING: it’s a horror novel.


Alright, unless I plan on pulling an all-nighter, which I don’t, I need to get back to editing. We’ll tackle the writing challenge tomorrow. I hope y’all have a wonderful day, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment