Pintrest

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August 6th

Hi, it's Christina - 

Gave myself a heart attack a bit ago. I was happily chatting away on the phone when the clock chimed the hour. I panicked and thought I had to be at work shortly, but then remembered (after a bit of scurrying around) I didn't have to leave until noon today. I'm such a ditz.

ATTENTION AUTHORS: In a troll prevention attempt, if we were friends on Goodreads, I have maintained "Following" status, but I have deleted "Friend" status, so you (and your entire list of friends) will not get targeted by the trolls. 

THIS DOES NOT MEAN I DO NOT WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND. I'm just trying to protect you. (We can still chat here or at the zillion other places you can contact me.)

If you would be so kind as to delete me as your friend - ONLY ON GOODREADS - it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

It is such a sad situation when this is what we have to do to avoid malicious people out there. 

For all you non-authors who do not know about this, sites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etc have become infested with Trolls. These trolls target authors, and without warrant or merit post scathing reviews to try and sabotage a new author's rankings. (You could get dozens of 1 star reviews in a day for no reason.)

For the life of me, I cannot wrap my brain around why someone would do this, but they do. What really fries my cookies is if the sites are contacted about the abuse, and the person gets their status flagged or their account deleted, they just make a new one and go about spewing their poison. Don't they have better things to do with their time then trying to destroy other's careers, hopes, dreams?

By the grace of God, I have not been one of their victims, however I do know several authors who have been, and it breaks my heart. I know how hard I work on my books, and I know they do as well. To have all that hard work be neutralized my malicious people is sickening.

Okay, now I really do need to get going. Hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment