Pintrest

Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 30th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good morning! Today is going to be a crazy short blog. I was up at 4:30 so I could grab a quick shower, because Dani asked me if I was getting up at 5:00. She said she needed me to wake her up so she could shower. Yes I was planning on getting up at 5:00, but I had planned on taking a shower, then doing my blog, and then waking everyone up at 5:45 so they could get in the car and we’d be on the road by 6:00.

Wildwood is only a 3½ hour drive, but it’s a holiday weekend and traffic is going to be a nightmare, so I wanted to leave early. I did find a home for Colby for the weekend. My friend Sharon has him. I felt bad asking her because she just came home from a cruise yesterday, and she’s getting company for the weekend, but I was stuck. Colby loves going over to visit Aunt Sharon. He gets to play with his cousin Lexi, and he has five acres to run around on.

I hope he behaves himself better than Lexi did the first time she stayed with us. Lexi is a wonderful dog, the sweetest thing ever, but the first time she stayed over by us, she ate every piece of bread in our house while we were out. It was mostly our fault. We were used to small dogs, so we didn’t think to put the bread up high, and she was still very young, so she didn’t have the manners she does now.

Colby is still young, and he has not quite mellowed yet…and he likes food. There have been several occasions where he’s pilfered food. Hopefully he won’t do that at Sharon’s.

Now I don’t know if this hotel has wifi, so I have no idea if I will be able to post anything while we are away this weekend. Chances are you may be getting a mega post on Tuesday again.

I am taking my computer with me because I LOVE to write in the early morning, before everyone is awake, while sitting on the balcony, watching the ocean. It would be the perfect time to work on Simply By Chance since the characters are currently at sea, but I have to finish up Faerie Tale Queen. The publisher is calling me on the twelfth and I’m still not finished.

Okay, I really have to get going. I hope you have an amazing holiday weekend, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

Toes in the water, a$$ in the sand…

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment