Pintrest

Friday, August 29, 2014

August 29th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good morning! Today I am going to be scrambling trying to find a hotel for Saturday and Sunday. My husband decided he wanted to get away this weekend because Dani hasn’t had a vacation all summer. Yeah, on FRIDAY of LABOR DAY weekend, I have to find a vacancy at the beach. Good grief!

If I manage to find a hotel, then I need to find a house sitter, a pet sitter, do laundry, clean out the car, and pack, all before six o’clock tomorrow morning, because I want to get ahead of the holiday traffic. One of the things in life I have absolutely no patience for is sitting in traffic. I don’t care if we are inching along at 25 mph, as long as we’re moving; but sitting or stop and go gets me twitching real quick.

One other thing I need to get done today is an 11:00 appointment at Dani’s school. This year, every student in the high school is being issued a chrome book. Now Dani was part of the pilot program, so she has had a chrome book since 7th grade. Other than an initial orientation program on how the project was going to work, we, as parents, didn’t have to do anything other than sign a release form. The kids showed up for school on their first day, and they were issued a chrome book.

This year, we have to pick up the chrome book at the school. Tell me, does this make sense to you? Granted it is only a fifteen minute appointment, but doesn’t it seem like a colossal waste of time and money? These appointments have been going on for at least two weeks now. During that time, they are having to pay people to sit there, collect the paperwork, and distribute the chrome books. Parents have to take time off from work to attend these fifteen minute meetings. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to MAIL the paperwork to each student (what’s a stamp cost now, $0.50?), and have the student bring the paperwork to homeroom, hand it in, and receive their chrome book?


Okay, I took a break, and managed to find a hotel, got a house sitter, cleaned out the car and started a load of laundry. Now all I have left to do is find a home for Colby for the weekend and pack. We’re leaving in fifteen minutes to go to the high school, so I should wrap it up for the day. I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

How did we end up here?

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment