Pintrest

Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 14th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Greetings from the Lone Star State! Our plane was delayed by forty-five minutes yesterday because of some problem at the Las Vegas airport. Yup, you are not losing your mind, we did fly out of Philly. It’s amazing how things snowball. We were supposed to depart at 12:15, but we didn’t leave until 1:00. We landed at 4:00 instead of 2:36. I can only imagine how far behind schedule the next flight was, and I feel bad for anyone who had a connecting flight!

We got our rental car, and were pleasantly surprised with the Toyota Corolla. We were supposed to get a tiny Hyundai. We got to the hotel in fifteen minutes or so, and checked in. When we got to our room, it had a funky smell and the bathroom wasn’t really clean, so I trekked back down to the front desk and complained. Immediately I was given a new room. This time the room was clean and smelled fine, but our bathroom makes a weird noise and the shower is dripping. We’ve also had an issue with the toilet already. I was assured all of the problems will be addressed while we are out today.

Even though it was before five o’clock central time, my hubby and I were starving. The Danish and coffee at the airport did not cut it. So, we asked “where’s good?”, and we were directed across the street to Boston’s. We were not disappointed. The magazine in our hotel had a coupon for a free appetizer, and with it we got beef tips wrapped in bacon. There were 8 good sized chunks of meat – big enough to cut in half in order to chew.

They were yummy, and quite honestly, filling. I only picked at my dinner, which was yummy too. Even my husband wrapped up half of his dinner, and he doesn’t usually leave any leftovers.

After that, as I said we would, we headed over to Wal*Mart, which is right across the street from AT&T Stadium. Good grief, that place looks like a space ship landed – AND IT’S HUGE. Holy Crow! We did some damage at Wal*Mart. I picked up some Christmas gifts, and my hubby got a grey Cowboys shirt, in hopes there would be some players there today to sign it for him.

After our shopping run, we came back to the hotel and decided to go for a dip. Ready for this? It was actually chilly when you came up out of the water. How does that happen when it’s still in the 90s??

You would not believe how noisy it is out by the pool. Since we are so close to the airport, you’ve got all the planes flying overhead. You add that to the highways running all around us and Six Flags over Texas practically in our back yard, and it doesn’t make for a peaceful swim. This Six Flags is a little strange. The Six Flags by us is set way back from any civilization. Here, it’s smack dab in the middle of everything. There are highways running all around it. You can hear folks screaming from the rides. Heaven knows there’s enough land in Texas where they could have picked a less congested area to put the park.

We have an 11:00 tour of AT&T Stadium scheduled, so I need to go grab some grub and go hop in the shower. I hope you have an amazing day, and happy writing!

(The internet connection here at the hotel is for the birds, so I'm having trouble getting my photos to sync from my phone. I'll post the pictures I took as soon as I can get it to work.)

Your Next Challenge is:

Use the following three in a story: A Garden Hose, A Cantaloupe, Wasps.

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment