Pintrest

Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2nd

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! I hope the weather is nicer by you than it is by me. Here in central NJ, it’s grey, and drizzling, and a bit on the cool side.

Now, I’m going to confess, I’m a little sad and a little disappointed today. I really thought yesterday’s blog would be fun and several of you would participate in the game. Not a single one of you made guesses. It was available on Facebook, my blog, Tumblr, Google+, and Twitter. I even put it up the link on “the real me” page, and still no takers. Makes me wonder if any of “you” really exist anymore. If I can’t get participation in a game geared toward everyone, not just writers, what are the odds of getting writers to respond to the prompts?

This blog was started sixteen months ago, and I’m starting to wonder if it is worth my time. If there is anyone out there who cares about anything I have to say. If I’m lucky, I get one comment a week, and only once in a blue moon, someone will invest the ten minutes to do a writing prompt.

Sorry if I sound like I’m whining, but I’ll be honest, it’s disheartening. Why put forth the time to write, the time to hunt down all the photos and links, the time to come up with writing challenges, if no one is willing to participate?

I know I made a similar complaint several months back, and that post received several responses, which kept me fueled for a while; but in actuality, nothing has really changed. I will continue with my blog until October 18th, its 18 month anniversary. If participation does not increase (and maintain), I will reduce my blog to either a weekly or even a monthly post, and spend the two hours or so the blog usually takes me every day on other things.


Sorry, I know I said the writing challenges would return today, but I just don’t have it in me to come up with a prompt today. I hope you have a lovely day, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment