Pintrest

Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good Morning, well technically afternoon! Sorry this is so late, I was up sick for most of the night, and I’m still not feeling all too chipper today.

I doubt I’ll be getting much writing done at all today, I’m just not feeling up to it. Yesterday’s signing went well again, and, as seems to be the happy norm, I met some wonderful people. A gentleman, visiting from Belgium, bought copies of all three of my books to bring back with him. That was a first. I’ve had a few people buy both A Second Chance and Taking Chances at the same time, but they are part of a series so I get that, but not all three. So, THANK YOU Patrick, I hope you enjoy, and safe travels home.

After the signing yesterday, Paulie and I had to attend a viewing. It’s sad to say, but we (meaning our circle of friends) have come to the age when our parents are all getting older, which unfortunately means, they are passing away. True, it is inevitable, but it is still sad nonetheless.

What was a little strange was the family was so surprised to see my husband and me show up at the viewing. They thought it was so nice that we would drive over an hour to come. As far as Paulie and I are concerned, they are “family”, so there was no way we wouldn’t have come. Hopefully we were able to provide just a tiny bit of comfort during this sad time.

Lys did arrive safely back at school, just before seven last night. They made amazing time, since they didn’t leave the rest stop on the Turnpike until after ten yesterday morning. Tori, her roommate from NY, was driving, and her GPS malfunctioned and had her going in the wrong direction, so she was almost an hour late getting to the rest stop. When she finally got there, we had to empty our her car completely so we could repack it with Lys and Lara’s things, and Chloe(the dog)’s things.

Everything fit – amazingly – and they were on their way. However, Tori’s delayed arrival put me behind schedule, and I arrived at the signing fifteen minutes late, which means my set up was over half an hour late. Apparently I was not able to mask my frazzled state well because Wayne, the owner of Canterbury Tales Forever Bookstore, asked if I was alright. No, I was not, but I would recover. I find being late extremely rude, and I try to do everything in my power not to be late. It took me to about one o’clock to dispense the need to catch up feeling I get whenever I do run late.  I hate that feeling!

Okay, I should boogie. Lys forgot something she desperately needs, so I have to run to the post office and overnight it to her. UGH! I hope you have a great day, and happy writing!

(I know I promised you pictures today, but I left the camera in the car, and I’m too lazy to go and get it now. I’ll attach them later.)

Your Next Challenge:

A visit from your past…


You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment