Pintrest

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March 3rd, 2015 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good Morning! Okay, all the “I told you so” folks are free to take a shot at me. I went into this whole Twitter campaign kicking and screaming, and if I’m honest, I still find it a bit prodigious. BUT I’m getting a real kick out of it now.

Yesterday was a banner day. I received 87 new followers, I had retweets from 190 DIFFERENT people, 58 of which were retweeting my books or my blog, and almost every single one of them retweeted multiple times. There are more folks whose books are on my shelves, or their movies are in my DVD collection, who are now following me. Me, a mom from New Jersey who happens to be a hopeless romantic and decided to jot down a few stories. It blows my mind!

It also has put a whole new phase of pressure on me. I have an overwhelming feeling of needing to measure up – to be worthy of all these new followers – to be able to give sage advice to these new authors who are seeking it – to be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with other authors I admire. Good God, it’s petrifying. I truly have moments where I doubt myself, my writing abilities. I’m hoping this is a normal feeling, and perhaps when one of those more accomplished authors who are now following me reads this, they’ll message me with some advice.

One really cool thing that happened yesterday was an author, Ann Harrison, took up my writing challenge, but for technical reasons beyond me, was not able to post a response. So instead, she put her own challenge up on her blog for her readers. I love it! The whole idea of this blog is to get folks writing, whether it be here or somewhere else, it doesn’t really matter, as long as they write. Here’s a link to her blog if you’d like to check her out.
                                  

Okay, RV’s got PT today, so I’ve got to scoot. I hope you have an exceptional day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

Use the following “Anticipation was a good thing, he thought.” Bonus points if you either start or finish your challenge with the sentence.

Quote taken from Releasing the Billionaire’s Passion by Elizabeth Lennox – a novella offered for FREE on Amazon.
FREE - Click Here


You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment