Pintrest

Sunday, March 1, 2015

March 1st 2015 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good Morning! Good grief, it’s March 1st. When the heck did that happen? I know, I know, at midnight, but seriously, is it me or is this year flying by already?

Don’t yell at me please, because I know I have two books I should be working on, but this morning I got woken up at an ungodly hour with a story that demanded to be started. It’s strange really, and totally not my usual style, but Olivia has a real quirky personality. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a very tongue and cheek type of story. Here’s how it starts, tell me what you think.

I’m a tree. Well, I’m not really a tree, I’m Olivia Arianna Kardash, O.A.K. It didn’t help matters much that when I was growing up, I was rather well…solid, but thankfully I had a late growth spurt. My mom says I’m willowy. It’s her way of poking fun at herself for not thinking things through thoroughly before naming me, or my brother, Jeremy Robert, for that matter.

It’s funny really, our inadvertent acronyms ended up fitting us. I’m thin with long arms and legs. Heck, in heels, I’m just shy of six foot. Tree size if you ask me. As for my brother, he’s definitely a JeRK. I have no idea how two people, who shared a womb, could be so fundamentally different. Oh, we look alike; the same dark hair, the same greenish-gold eyes, the same stubborn chin, but that’s where the similarities end.

Jeremy towers over me, even when I’m in heels. I have more a runner’s build, his is more in the lines of a professional wrestler. Okay, that’s not completely accurate. He’s not quite that big, but I’m sure, with a little effort, he could be. In all fairness, he needs to be big. It’s difficult to be a Linebacker if you don’t have some serious muscle behind you.

Physicality aside, we couldn’t be more different than night and day. I’m a freewheeling, quirky, love surprises, suck every ounce of joy out of the moment type of girl, and Jeremy, he’s well…stoic, very goal driven, serious. You know the type, no fun at all. Please don’t get me wrong, he’s a good person. He’s just… well…not me, and he can be a real jerk at times.

He routinely holds the top spot on my short list, and his latest infraction happened last week.

Would you want to keep reading? This is so strange for me. I usually have a title before I even start thinking about a story, and I never, I mean never write in first person. I have no idea if the story will continue that way. I guess I’ll just have to find out.

I know I have to finish Faerie Tale Queen and Simply by Chance, but I’m not sure if Olivia will let me. She’s already turning into a force of nature, and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to real her in… and I’m not sure if I want to. The only thing I am pretty sure of is this story will end up being one for Annie Acorn Publishing.

Speaking of Annie Acorn, I just heard this morning we are going full steam ahead on Spirited Tales – the compilation of spooky stories I am a part of with several other authors – Ron Shaw, SusanRicci, K. Edwin Fritz, D.A. Grady, Steve Cartwright, Peggy Teel, Bill Crash Palace, JoeEliseon, Annie Acorn – I think I got everyone, but I’m not sure. Sorry if I missed someone. I’m so excited. I can’t wait to see the covers, and to read the other stories.

Here’s how my story starts:

The night is clear, the moon is bright, a low fog swirls along the moor
She appears, the woman in white, a mere echo of the infamous paramour
She begins to stroll, to sing her song, a siren to an unsuspecting man
For ‘tis her fate, a curse imparted, to forever wander this land
Now in death, as in life, she’s forced to lure them still
They are drawn to her, the wretched souls, bound by their own free will
A kiss of death, she will bestow, upon their unsuspecting lips
When they awake, remembering the dream, they will already be in death’s grip
~ Scottish Lore

Okay, I’ve got to boogie. Today is going to be spent on much neglected domestic endeavors. I hope you have super day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

I had it just a minute ago...

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment